Saturday, August 8, 2009

In Bloom

Hi there! Hope you are all enjoying you're weekends!

So as promised yesterday, today I share with you my card using the new In Bloom stamp set from Papertrey Ink. So here you go...
This flower image would be fabulous all colored in, but I am not a colorer at all! lol! So my way of adding color is to stamp the images in different colors. The large bloom was stamped in Raspberry Fizz and the smaller ones were stamped in red. I stamped the images multiple times and cut out different sections of each flower, then adhere them together with dimensional adhesive to give it a layered look. Just like Nichole Heady did for this card.

I gave the card a little extra detail with black rhinestones, black scallops and a sentiment stamped in black as well. Again with the "skinny" card, it just makes such elegant cards. So this may seem like a lot of work for a card, since this is the first time playing around with this set. But I have had this idea in my head ever since ordering it and couldn't wait to create it. It turned out just like I had envisioned, which rarely happens. Usually my cards come out completely different from the original idea. How about you, do your cards usually come out as planned or off on some other tangent?

So, I'm loving this set and have already made a few more cards with it. I look forward to sharing them with you soon. So hope you'll stop in again soon. Talk at you later!

Maile


Thank You:

  • Stamps: In Bloom & Damask Design (Sentiment)
  • Ink: Raspberry Fizz, Ripe Avocado, True Black & SU Real Red
  • Cardstock: Kraft, Vintage Cream & Bazzil Black
  • Accessories: Kaiser Craft Black Rhinestones, Apron Lace Punch & Corner Rounder

17 comments:

  1. I'm in love with this set. I can't seem to stop using it! I love the way your used the black rhinestones - gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! I love all the flower cut outs. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is *beautiful*!! I wasn't into 'In Bloom' but I think this has changed my mind!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very elegant and beautiful card! I love the rhinestones and how the flowers climb up the side... gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous...I'm sooo kicking myself for not buying this set...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree with ~amy~'s comment ahead of mine.....WHY didn't I buy this set. Your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Maile! Love the unusual card size and the adorable little scallop peeking out from the bottom. :)

    My cards pretty much *never* turn out as planned! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is BEAUTIFUL!!! I didnt get this set.. and EVERYTIME I see it used I LOVE it more and more!!
    Have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is amazing, I really like the layout of your flowers up the side! I can't wait to see your other creations with this set! I don't own it so have to live vicariously though those who do!! When making cards I only occasionally have a card that turns out as planned, they are almost all happy accidents in my world :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card!! I love that set!! Wishing I had it! ha! Maybe eventually I'll get to make a PTI order!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is amazing Maile anothe beautiful creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. REALLY CUTE! I'm loving this set right now! I've been using a lot lately!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So wonderful. Usually my designs seem better in my head than when they go on paper. My favorites are the ones that just flow :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning! There's something very satisfying about cutting out and layering images...they come to life with each layer...a work of {heart} :)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS