Friday, August 7, 2009

Button Tread

Happy Friday everyone!

I have some more new goodies to share with you (I promise, I'm rarely this fortunate), my new PTI order came in yesterday. Yeah! :) In Bloom and Everyday Button Bits were on back-order, so as soon as they came in I had to place an order. So today's card was made using Everyday Button Bits (I'll post a card with In Bloom tomorrow)... Using my punches again! :) As soon as I saw these Spring Rain vintage buttons I immediately thought of tire tread. What better way to use them than on a bike! Here is what I am talking about...

See that tread like detail, it's a perfect fit! Did you notice the button threading? Just thought I would try something new (sorry for the glare), I thought it might make the bike look like it's in motion. Not sure if it worked. It is a cute detail though!

If you guys haven't noticed already, I love my corner rounder!!! I use it on almost every card, it just adds a nice subtle detail. Don't get me wrong, I love all my punches but this one just seems to fit every card no matter what the style is. Do any of you have a go-to tool like this?

Anyways, I have a birthday celebration to go to tonight (my niece is turning 5!), but other than that no big plans for the weekend! Hope you all have a wonderful one!

Maile


So Sorry I'm Late:

  • Stamps: Everyday Button Bits & Polka Dot Basic II
  • Ink: SU Bashful Blue & Grey
  • Cardstock: PTI White & SU Basic Grey
  • Accessories: Spring Rain Vintage Buttons, Twine, Spring Rain Twill Ribbon, Apron Lace & Embossed Curves Border Punches, Corner Rounder

18 comments:

  1. What a CUTE card! I love it!! I'm really wanting to get some PTI stuff, I just haven't been able to yet. Lovin' those buttons! They do work great for the tires on the bike! I love my corner rounder as well. I agree, it works great on almost all cards! I really like the colors you used for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! I love the clean design and that stamp set is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I have several of those buttons, and I'm saving 'em for this stamp! ;) Your card turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! The buttons are perfect :) Smart thinking...love all the details and yet it's clean and simple :) It's funny you mention corner rounding because as I was vaccuuming this morning, I noticed a few punched off corners around the house!! If it's not glitter, it's corners!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out DARLING! I LOVE this set.. but havent yet used the bike.. I love the spring rain buttons you used- Perfect tires!!!
    Have a GREAT weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love the details on your wheels, so awesome! My button set came yesterday too, I'm hoping for a chance to ink it up real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so adorable. I have resisted getting this stamp set because I loaded up on new Stampin up stuff with the new catalog. It's getting tougher and tougher seeing all these cute creations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. super cute! love those buttons! great layout...and love the scallops!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is absolutely GORGEOUS! I *love* this color combo, Maile! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great! I love the tire tread buttons... how cool and I think you did great with the stitching! That is awesome! I have a similar idea using the bike and that sentiment but my set is loaned out to a friend. Dont you hate it when that happens? I have to wait to get back so I can see if it works or not! :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute card, and those buttons are perfect for the bike image!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it!! The buttons ARE perfect!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maile, this is super super cute!!! Yes, the tires are just perfect!! The colors are wonderful too. You did AWESOME, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is so cute every little detail is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a great card! love the rounded details!!! and the spring rain with the grey and white looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just wonderful Maile and you are right those buttons are PERFECT for the bicycle image!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS