Friday, August 28, 2009

Holiday Vintage Style

Happy Friday to you all! Yeah, the weekend is just around the corner!

I am playing along with the Moxie Fab Stretch Your Holiday Style Challenges again. Today's card is for the Vintage & Shabby Chic Challenge. I am stepping way out of my element on this one... I went for more of a vintage style on this card. These stamp from SEI were the best images I had for something vintage. To add to the vintage feel I distressing the edges of the green stamped cardstock and the sentiment. The edges of the card base and the green cardstock were inked with Vintage Cream ink. To add the perfect vintage touch I pulled out my PTI vintage buttons... I stitch a row of my most vintage looking cream and brown buttons, then finished off the sentiment with one last button.

So what do you think? Does it have a vintage feel to it at all? I've stretch my style on this one, so I'd love to here what you think!

The weekend is almost here, Yeah!!! Do you have any big plans? I have my 10 year HS reunion on Saturday, hard to believe it already been 10 yrs! Well, hope you have a good one! Thanks for stopping by today!

Maile


Merry Christmas Vintage Style:
  • Stamps: SEI Alpine Frost & Hero Arts Holiday Messages
  • Ink: PTI Vintage Cream, Versamark & SU Mellow Moss
  • Cardstock: PTI Dark Choc & Vintage Cream, SU Always Artichoke
  • Accessories: PTI Dark Choc & Cream Vintage Buttons, Cream Twine

17 comments:

  1. You pulled it off masterfully. You would never know that isn't your normal style. It's beautiful!

    Have fun at your 10th reunion (my 10th was ummm a few years ago -wink-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, gorgeous vintage card...it really is lovely. The buttons are such a fabbie touch! Have fun at your reunion...I just missed my 25th...25, oy vey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so pretty, I love the buttons and the swirly edge!! Have a great time at your reunion! I just passed my 15th year mark, wow how time flies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, you totally pulled off vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I came over here from Kelley and love your stuff! Great work and this vintage card is so beautiful!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is definitely vintage... love it! Love that row of buttons and the distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this! I'm playing too, my cards are posting this weekend and I'll add them to the Moxie site then. love all those yummy buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, Maile! I have lots of craftiness on the agenda this weekend. Happy Friday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is SO pretty! Definitely not your usual style, but you totally pulled it off! LOL, I don't think I'm even going to attempt this one... The end result would be disastrous! :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like it! I think those boughs give it a vintage look...you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is gorgeous! Love the cream and brown stamped strip and the buttons are fabulous!! Have fun at your reunion! My 25th is this Fall!! UGH!! I'm actually really looking forward to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so warm and elegant! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. another simply stunning card...I love those buttons

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so beautiful! I love all of your cards! And I'm so glad I found your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS