Friday, August 21, 2009

With A Twist

Happy Friday!!! Yeah! Hope you all are ready for the weekend. Thank you all for your supportive comments about my masculine card from yesterday.

So, over at the Splitcoaststampers Forum a search for the new Autumn 2009 CAS Design Team is underway. I've been having fun keeping up with the weekly challenges lately so I figured... what the heck, I could give that a try. So here is my first submission...
There are 3 different challenges to participate in: Sketch, Color & Theme. Today's card is what I came up with for the Color Challenge: Monochromatic With A Twist. The rules are to use different shades of brown and just a tad bit of red. I only have one shade of brown and kraft cardstock, so I hope that kraft counts as a shade of brown too.

For the "tad bit" of red I used embroidery floss and tied french knots to make my flowers. I also used the floss to wrap and tie around the bottom of the image panel.
Well, thanks for stopping in and visiting with me today. I hope you enjoyed the card and hope you have a great weekend!
Maile
Thank You: (all PTI unless noted)
  • Stamps: Beyong Basic Borders
  • Ink: Dark Choc
  • Cardstock: Dark Choc & Kraft
  • Accessories: DMC Floss, Apron Lace Punch

20 comments:

  1. Ok, so you need to teach me how to do the embroidery floss knots and how to get the stitching to look so perfect like you always do! ;)
    I love the simplicity of this card, very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice and simple, very elegant too! I like the minimalist approach :D What a neat idea to do buds with the embroidery thread, cool tech. i really feel like making a card today too, we'll see what I come up with!

    HUGS
    Clouds :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful!! I think you'd be great on a design team...you have my vote!! Love the pop of red...quietly elegant :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful!!! and it's simplicity and twine it could possible work as a masculine card as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! LOVE the simplicity and interest it has! The bits of red are perfect and I LOVE the twine!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, i love it! those french knots are great!! stunning, as usual!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply beautiful Maile - this has to be one of my favourites so far :D

    Have a great weekend and good luck with the challenge (not that you need it, the beauty of your work will shine out).

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely wonderful card! I can't seem to make french knots but I love how they look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL!!! You are a shoe-in for the CAS team!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's gorgeous. I love it! I think you will be on the team for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your french knots and your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love your knots... so cute! Beautiful card! I love clean and simple... probably because that is about all I can come up with but... whatever! :) Great card Maile!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply lovely! The use of floss is so pretty and makes the card so warm and friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is stunning!! good luck - I'm sure you are a "shoe in"!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They'd be lucky to have you, you are *amazing*!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is very elegant looking. I love the french knots - very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are perfect for this DT, this card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS