Thursday, August 27, 2009

Holiday Clean and Graphic

Happy Thursday! Today I'm playing along with the Moxie Fab Stretch Your Holiday Style: A Clean & Graphic Challenge. I know Christmas is still a ways off, but it's never too early to work on my holiday stash. Here is my attempt... Clean and graphic style is described as having white space, clean lines, and simple treatment of text. The purpose of these challenges is to stretch your own style and use styles you would not usually create with. For my card I went with a design that I would not normally think to use for a Christmas/Holiday card. I really like the way the "mod" flower turned out, it's funky and fun!

So what do you think, would you call this clean and graphic? So stop on by the Moxie Fab World Blog and check out all the other challenges going on there too. Maybe you can give them a try!
Thanks for stopping by today and hope you have a wonderful day!
Maile
Happy Holidays:
  • Stamps: Hero Arts Holiday Messages
  • Ink: PTI Ocean Tides
  • Cardstock: PTI Ocean Tides & White, SU Certain Celery
  • Pattern Paper: Holiday Slab V Provo Craft
  • Accessories: Corner Rounder

22 comments:

  1. Yes, I think it's clean and graphic :o) But it's real cute too, I like the PP you used, it matches well! I dunno, I feel if it's not anytime close around the holidays I really can't make a holiday card, hehe...I tried and it took me several hours to even think of something :o[ I have a feeling this might be a winner :D

    Hugs
    Clouds :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would certainly say it's clean and graphic! Very nicely done, Maile! As always the "mod" flower looks great! It's so fun and easy to do, huh?
    I really like the colors. That holiday paper you used is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it and such a versatile layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute mod design! I've been wanting to try that out on my Cricut and still have not yet! I probably have told that to you before! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would say both and add modernly beautiful. This card is wonderful and would be a conversational piece for the lucky recipient that displays this card on their mantle. Great choice of dp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever and elegant card Maile - I too am working on a little something for this challenge :D

    Have a great day & thanks for sharing,

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I like this! It is very modern and kinda funky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card and definitely fits the clean and graphic category! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. very clean...graphic, yes. lvoe it! great colors...yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect! I just recently discovered your blog and love everything you've posted! You make it seem so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful card, I might have to try that layout!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this! I am a huge fan of non-traditional holiday cards and this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ack, I think I'm drooling! This is gorgeous, Maile! You totally nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would call it clean, graphic, and FABULOUS! Love the mod flower with the prints. Great idea for a Christmas card :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how your mod flower turned out! It is a little funky and a lot gorgeous! Love the colors and the pp you used!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute! Love the clean and eclectic look to this. Very modern looking!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This totally graphis and totally great, too! Perfect card for the challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this! those curved corners make such a statement! great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE THIS!!! Maile, this is perfect girl!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS