Saturday, August 22, 2009

Purple Inspired

Hello all! Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

Ok so I must admit, purple is really growing on me. :) When I saw this beautiful card (scroll down to the second card on her post) by Dawn McVey I knew I had to try that color combo. Here is a simple card I came up with in no time...
Again with the embroidery floss, french knots and the In Bloom stamp set. I hope you aren't sick of them yet. :) This is such a cheery color combo, thought it would work well for a "pick me up" card.
Sorry for such a quick post. I have company coming over for dinner today and need to prepare.
What kind of weather are you guys having today? We are getting a little rain! I'm loving it, reminds me that fall is just around the corner. Hope you have a great weekend!
Oh, and one more thing... I think I finally figured how to upload my pictures so that when you click on them, they enlarge. Hope it works. Bye, bye!
Maile
Hope you're feeling better: (all PTI unless noted)
  • Stamps: In Bloom
  • Ink: SU Perfect Plum
  • Cardstock: Summer Sunrise, Kraft & Vintage Cream
  • Accessories: DMC Floss, Apron Lace Border Punch

14 comments:

  1. I love the french knots! They are so elegant and so is your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this colour combo...I was thinking the same thing when I saw Dawn's. I used to use purple a lot way back when and then got distracted with celery and aqua!! Perfect plum was one of the first inks I got!! The purple is divine on kraft...and I'm loving the raised flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely wonderful. Have fun with your guests!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, you got the pictures to work so they enlarge!
    I love this color combo too! It is so pretty! I have been yearning to make cards, but I just haven't had many chances these days, plus I'm running out of some things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great color combo! Again... love your knots! :) Very pretty card Maile! As always! It has been really cool here today! I have been thinking all day that it feels like fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, I'm not tired of seeing your cards using the In Bloom stamp, hehe, su purty, I love purple, very cute! Love yer card, so simple and yet elegant :D you never fail to impress :D think I might try the color challenge tomm!

    Hugs
    Clouds :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous....did I tell you that I finally broke down and bought that set on friday? I can't wait until it arrives...I truly love all the inspiration you've given me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! I love how you often have something off the edge of your card- looks great! Hope you had a nice dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card love the colors and the knots are perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, hi again, by the way, how do you get the photos to enlarge when clicked? that's new to me as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Maile! I am IN love with those french knot details! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! I was just looking at that card on her blog! I love those colors! :) I have wondered since I had my blog, why I couldn't click on my pictures to enlarge them. I saw someone had commented on your blog telling you how, and I took a mental note to try it! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS