Thursday, August 20, 2009

That Was A Toughie!

Hello my friends! Ok, so today's card I keep going back and forth on whether or not to post it. So, I'm going for it...I better post it before I change my mind!This card was created for the CAS28 Challenge, to make a masculine card. This is definitely not my strong point, in fact it's probably my weakest! Masculine cards are always a challenge for me. I was going for Clean and Simple (but I think it may be a little to simple) and no frilliness. I used the same frame idea used on this card, just adjusted the size to fit this card. Rounded the corners of the image panel. Use black DMC embroidery floss for the cross stitches (along the sentiment and image) to match the buttons. So that's pretty much it.

I'm not sure how I feel about this card. So please let me know what you think, good or bad, I can handle it!

Thanks for stopping in today and have a wonderful Thursday!

Maile



Enjoy The Ride: (all PTI unless noted)

  • Stamps: Everyday Button Bits
  • Ink: True Black
  • Cardstock: Kraft, Ocean Tides, White
  • Accessories: White Vintage Buttons, DMC Floss and Corner Rounder

16 comments:

  1. what a cool looking card! I love that it's simple yet very masculine, I think you pulled it off :o) The colors go great and the bicycle is adorable, I love bicycles! i'm glad you posted it!

    Hugs
    Clouds :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, now maybe I should post my masculine cards! Like you, I find these to be really, really hard and have been debating whether or not to post my efforts in this challenge. Unlike you, mine didn't turn out this nice!

    I especially love the rounded corners!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I am glad you posted it cause it is cute cute, perfectly clean & simple! I always enjoy your cards though:)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you posted this, I really like it!! The floss is great, it really draws your eye up to the sentiment and then down to the image, and I love the color combo. :)

    Perfectly CAS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maile,

    I agree - I think it's a winner. I find the simpler the better for grown up male cards. It's really eye cathing because of it's simplicity.

    Have a great day (or night - sorry don't know what the time it is with you)

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Maile! Congrats to you too! This will be my first publication, and I am so excited!! :) I really like your card too and that ground under the chicks on the chickadee card is so neat! That was the first thing I noticed, never would have thought that was an accident! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is perfect for CAS! I feel the same way when I try to take it back to only a few layers and details. It fits the masculine requirement exactly! I'm so glad you shared. I have this challenge on my list of to-dos but am struggling with the masculine part!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's very nice!!! Clean lines are great and the simple colour combo works great. I wish I could keep things this simple. Love the buttons and stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I think it is great! I love the stitching that you added... very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Masculine cards are defnitely a cardmaker's toughie! I think you've cracked it with this card - it's super!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it turned out GREAT!! I find it funny that so many of us have a hard time with making manly cards! Maybe it's the God-given femininity we have in us to only want to do the pretty flowers, flourishes, ribbon, all the pretty PINK and so many other beautiful things! Heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  12. No, not too simple. Total perfection! I think the bike is my most favorite stamp from that set but I haven't used it yet...you have inspired me to do it. Your card is fabulous....as always!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you did fine with this! I love how the bike panel goes off the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kudos to you for posting this! I was too much of a scaredy cat to post mine! Lol... I love the stitching. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS