Saturday, August 15, 2009

Gettin' My Brain In Gear

Hope you are having a fabulous weekend!

Do you ever get stuck on a card, just can't make it work, and have to walk away? It happens to me quite often. Anyways today's card was one of those cards...
I started on it yesterday and knew I wanted to work with this topiary image and I thought it would look great pair with embossed leaves from In Bloom. So the original color combo was ripe avocado, brown, kraft and cream. I played around with different layouts, different buttons, whatever I could think of! Nothing was working! So I though enough is enough and left to go to my work out class. I guess getting a good buns kicking work out must have kick my brain into gear! As soon as I got back I took one look at my card and thought "COLOR!" So that's when the raspberry fizz came into play and everything else just fell into place.It's kind of hard to tell in the pictures but the leaves are embossed with clear embossing powder. The topiary pot was stamped a second time and cut out, then mounted with dimensional adhesive for a little bit more dimension. For the selection of the buttons, I thought it would be neat to pair a fun textured button (top, but it's hardly noticeable) with a simple one (bottom).

I think it turned out all right, considering the struggle I had with it.

Thanks for stopping in! I hope you enjoyed spending a little time with me today.

Maile

From Me To You:

  • Stamps: Everyday Button Bits & In Bloom
  • Ink: Dark Choc. & Versamark
  • Cardstock: Dark Choc., Ripe Avocado, Kraft, Cream & Raspberry Fizz
  • Accessories: Apron Lace Punch (Fiskers), Raspberry Fizz Vintage Buttons & Twill Ribbon, DMC Floss & Clear Embossing Powder

15 comments:

  1. Love the colours and the stamped background! I do that a lot of times...walk away and sometimes I even just scrap the card and start over. It's the process that's fun, though, eh? Thanks for the tips on publishing...I think I may go for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out so CUTE! I LOVE the colors! I know exactly what you mean when you try diff. things and then have to walk away for a bit, it gets a bit frustrating but I always love it when you finally try something and say "thats it" you get a feeling of relief and satisfaction and making it work...Great job as always! Your persistance paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it turned out really good! I'm lOVIN' that you chose to add the pink to the card of course! ;) And I think it does really help to add a splash of color! It's so pretty looking! I too know exactly what it's like to not have something work out and then you feel you just have to leave it for a while. It's like we need to let our brains and creative juices get recharged before we can finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happened to me today! I should have walked away and came back to it later! Instead... I finished it but wasn't real pleased! Love your card! Great color combo and can't go wrong with the button bits set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can't go wrong with Raspberry Fizz!!! I really like this card...and it's nice to know that a great card maker like yourself gets stuck but can manage to work your way out of it. For me it always stubbornness that gets me stuck in my ruts. I want to use a certain layout along with my favourite dp but sometimes the two don't work together...and I'm not willing to give up so I end up with an average looking card rather than letting go and having an exceptional card.

    By adding the Pink you have an exceptional card!!! Again love your willingness to bring out that heat gun and clear emboss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Maile,

    Every time I visit you I am so inspired by your wonderful creations and today is no exception (even if it was a toughy). I love the embossed background with that shock of pink - looks really cool.

    Have a great Sunday,

    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute topiary tree with the buttons and the ribbon give it such a pretty burst of colour. I really like the layout.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome... LOVE the pop of Raspberry!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card, the color combo is so pretty and I love what you did with the main image panel, so simple and effective! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, I love it. And I love the clear embossing effect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it turned out pretty well! I like it a lot! Yes, I got that a lot, being stuck on a card, usually I can whip up a card in no time if I got by a sketch, cuz I dunn have to think of the LO but there are days where even the sketch won't help, lol.

    Hugs
    Clouds :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. magnificent...I just LOVE the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh..I LOVE the leaves as a background, fabulous! The pink really jumps off the page, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, walking away worked! This is gorgeous. Love the pop of color, and the edging detail is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, I totally love this card!!! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS