Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Life's Simple Pleasures

Hello my friends! So I've finally taken a step back from my In Bloom set. :) Today I bring you this cheery little card...I use the Beyond Basic Borders tree again. This time I gave it some foliage! I punched a circle from spring moss cardstock and stamped text in Ripe Avocado (did this along the side of the card as well). Topped it off with a flowery button.

I'm really enjoying adding buttons to my ribbon accents, it's a fun switch from the usual knot or bow. I love how simple this card is but at the same time it's loaded with lots of texture and interest. The torn cardstock strip adds a bit of texture, I just tore it by hand and curled the ends up a bit. It was super easy! The ribbon and the buttons all have their own great texture and shine to them. Extending the tree top and sentiment over the edges adds a touch of interest, as does the stamped text background. Oh, and of course the rounded corners (gotta love that corner rounder... lol).

So what are some of your favorite ways to add texture and interest to your creations?

I hope this was a nice change from all those In Bloom cards. :) Glad you stopped in for a visit, now you all have a wonderful day!

Maile


Life's Simple Pleasures:

  • Stamps: Beyond Basic Borders, Background Basic: Text Style & Shapes By Design (Sentiment)
  • Ink: Ripe Avocado, Dark Choc. & Berry Sorbet
  • Cardstock: Kraft, Spring Moss, Dark Choc & Vintage Cream
  • Accessories: Berry Sorbet & Spring Moss Vintage Buttons, Twine, Berry Sorbet Twill Ribbon, Circle Punch & Corner Rounder

16 comments:

  1. A really pretty card. I like the way you threaded the button through the ribbon and the circle tree looks very effective.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, cute! Everything about this is fantastic, Maile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was enjoying the blooms! Really liked the colour choices and the background stamp. The foilage for the tree was a great idea! Beautiful card. Less is more!!

    For texture I like sponging or inking the edges. Sanding also works well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see you too have the buttion bug! Always a winner with me are ribbons, buttons and embossing. As always you card is sheer elegance with lashes of class :D

    Thanks for your kind comments too at my place ;D

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL! Like I said, is there ever a bad looking card you make??? Heehee! I really like that button with the ribbon through it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO pretty! I love adding texture to my cards, especially embossing, felt, ribbons, and textured cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super sweet! I love the button on the ribbon...are their button choices great? It's so fun to pick the perfect one for each project. My favourite textures are embossing with the cuttlebug EFs, ribbon, buttons, and of course, bling!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Maile! I love the button on the ribbon... such a great idea! I love the torn cardstock too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! what a fun card, it's really beautiful, I love the tree! Thanks for visiting my blog! I went through yours and your cards are awesome, very elegant! I'll be visiting daily now :D

    Clouds :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow girl you have been busy! I have you under blogs I visit I need to put you where I get updates in my blog section! I have missed posting on these gorgeous creations! I LOVE your layouts! The tree cut out and coming off the card slightly is AWESOME! And the colors and button are PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful, beautiful card! I love that tree, I will have to try that effect myself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the tearing with the dark chocolate against bright pink is amazing!! I rarely think to use tearing but you make me want to do it more often. thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card! I love the torn edge of the dark chocolate. I think I might have to CASE this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cool! There are so many neat details on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous card! Love the layout and it's just so much fun to look at :D

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS