Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Clean and Simple Blossom

Hi all and happy Wednesday! Today I have another card made for the CAS (Clean and Simple) Autumn 09 Design Team Search. The sketch challenge is to make a card based off of this card. Here is my take... Very simple. I wanted to keep the focus on the flower. The flower was cut from my Blossom Nestabilities, I embossed the largest blossom with swiss dots. The remaining smaller blossoms I crinkled up, then layered the blossoms together and held them in place with a button and thread.
Yesterday Blog Hop fun got me all excited about fall, so now I'm off to go bake banana bread! Mmmmmmm! Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful day!
Maile
Get Well Wishes:
  • Stamps: Beautiful Blooms & Floral Frenzy (Sentiment)
  • Ink: Ripe Avocado & Berry Sorbet
  • Cardstosck: White
  • Accessories: Berry Sorbet Twill Ribbon, Blossom Nestabilities, Spring Moss Vintage Button, DMC Floss, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder & Corner Rounder

24 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Love the mix of the paper flower and stamped stem. I also like how the ribbon and sentiment are used. So nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great submission for the challenge!! Hope you get picked!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a strikingly beautiful card Maile. Mmm I can almost smellthe bread from this side of the pond - sounds yummy :D

    Have a great day,

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my!! we were kind of on the same brain wave today!:) love the bloom!! and the colors are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I so hope you make the CAS DT because your cards are stunning! I adore that bloom and after my blog hopping last night I was thinking I'd like that vine stamp from beautiful blooms but after this I NEED that stamp (is it wrong to buy a set for one stamp?LOL!)
    Enjoy your scrummy banana bread!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just awesome. I will be shocked if you don't make the design team, your work is amazing. Talking about fall, makes me want pumpkin bread, muffins, etc. (similar line as banana, it's all yum!)
    Have a great day, hope your bread was delish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Maile! I love the flower! So perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous maile!!!! mmmmm...banana bread...my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. *gasp!* This is absolutely gorgeous, Maile! LOVE that beautiful flower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the textures in this blossom! So adorable :) I have an awesome and healthy banana and zucchini bread recipe I discovered on the net this summer. We get a lot of zucchini from my dh's uncle :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! I love the flower! Love your Blog Hop card too! I like the simple design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty. Love that flower. I am going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Maile, this is SO pretty!! I LOVEEEE the colors!! The flower is PERFECT!! Wishing I had one of those die cut machines and a dry embosser! :(
    Hope you got my comment I left you on your color challenge card???
    Talk later girly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous!!!! You have a keen eye for design!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very very pretty card! I just got the blossom nesties, you have inspired me to USE them!!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Also, Thank you for your very sweet comments you have left me!! It means so much to!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. "it means so much to me" I meant to say, Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  18. eeek...this is totally stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  19. oooo, fabulous and fun! love your work, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  20. awesome! the coloring of the flower and the bow made it pretty i will add your card to my Saturday collection.
    Plastic Card
    Plastic business cards

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS