Thursday, August 13, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #14

Hello my friends! So it's time again for Dawn McVey's Raspberry Suite Challenge. I tell ya, this was a challenge for me. First it took me forever to come up with and idea and once I did, it kept changing. Second I found it hard to combine these colors without a dark neutral, like a brown or black. I kept wanting to throw a green in there too and do flowers, but I refrained. So here is my take...I went with a skinny card for this one, they are just so much fun! I inked the balloon baskets and sentiment in burgundy. I don't have Scarlet Jewel (yet!) so I improvised and used a burgundy ink and button I had in my stash. I used SU Perfect Plum for the stamped background and had a purple button in my stash, for the balloon. I have tons of Raspberry Fizz so I pulled out my "bag o buttons" and GG ribbon.Aren't these Hot Air Balloons too cute?! Its so perfect for Papertrey Ink to create a set made for buttons, it's a great way to incorporate any color combo!

So hope you all have a great Thursday. The weekend is almost here! Yeah! Hope you enjoyed the card and thanks for stoppin' in, come back soon!

Maile


Soaring By To Say Hi:
  • Stamps: Everyday Button Bits & Background Basics: Retro
  • Ink: SU Perfect Plum & Burgandy
  • Cardstock: Vintage Cream
  • Accessories: Raspberry Fizz Button & Grossgrain Ribbon, Burgandy and Purple Buttons from my stash, Circle Punch & Corner Rounder

25 comments:

  1. Hi Maile,

    I am so excited to see your card today as I will be placing my order for this set on Saturday for delivery to the UK. Again I am blown away with your style - simple elegance - I love it.

    Have a great day and thank you again for your sweet comments.

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never realized that background stamp looked like stitching! It's really nice. I always look at it like what am I supposed to do with this?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to say your card was pretty and well stamped too! :) Somehow I forgot during my rant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another adorable card! It's funny, I kept wanting to add green or another color to mine when making it too. It was a hard challenge. You did great with it of course! Wishing I had that stamp set for the buttons now!! ;) Thanks for your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me this is a hard color combo but you really made it work. Love this card. You are really making me think I need that background set...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card!! Love the background and the ribbon behind the circle, very cute!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, thank you so much for your comment! I am really honoured to have you commenting on my tiny little blog :) Glad you like the card! Yours is supercute as well, love that background, this alone is a reason why the retro backgrounds set is a must! Many greetings from over the pond!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did an awesome job with the challenge! Love the unusual shape of the card, and your design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. spectacular! I used burgundy too for the scarlet...am thinking I need some satin ribbon and buttons in that colour, though ;) Love the stamped background. The tall card seems fitting for the balloons....way up high!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, very nice entry, so different!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those air balloons are adorable!!! It's a beautiful card. Love what you did with the background.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too cute! I love how you did the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love everything about your card. The grid background the ribbon...just maaah-velous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another beauty! I just love everything that you create.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh, i love it! very clean...and super crisp! i love those buttons..and great ribbon...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh way to rock the RSCC! Love this! Such a clever way to use so many colours and the layout is fab too!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x
    P.S Off to root out my 'skinny' cards now! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous Maile! I really love your skinny cards... they are so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is adorable... I love those air balloons... pretty, pretty :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just a beautiful clean card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I love this! The size of the card is excellent, and the layout it perfect. Great job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute! Love how you did the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is fabulous! Love the simple and striking layout. This is going into my favs! Awesome job on Dawn's color challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E

    ReplyDelete
  23. So cute! I love that background paper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow, this is beautiful! I like the simplicity yet elegant look. wow, totally wowed me! hehe I really like that PTI stamp :D

    clouds :D

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS