Monday, August 10, 2009

Flourishes In Bloom

Happy Monday to you! Hope the weekend didn't go by too fast.

So today I have yet another In Bloom card to share with you. This time I paired it with some flourishes. I layered the bloom again, but this time I used raspberry ink on kraft cardstock (Mmmmmmm, love the look). So this is how it turned out...
I used my apron lace border punch on kraft cardstock, then stamped text using raspberry ink onto the punched border. A small and a large flourish were stamped behind the bloom, its amazing how flourishes just add the right touch to a card. I added a little something special to the center of the bloom...The way I cut and layered the bloom enabled me to tuck a little black button in the center. Just thought it was a unique and cute little detail. It's the details that count right?

So have I exhausted you with this set yet? I hope not, I plan to be using it a lot. It has now become a go-to set for me. Although, I do plan to use a different stamp set on my next post! :)

I hope you liked the card today. So, just like the sentiment on the card... Thank You for stopping by today and for all the wonderful comments you leave me. It's like a little bit of extra sunshine in my day, I love each and every one of them!
Maile
Thank You:
  • Stamps: In Bloom, Fancy Flourishes, Background Basics: Text Style and Beyond Basic Borders (Sentiment)
  • Ink: Raspberry Fizz, Ripe Avocado & True Black
  • Cardstock: White, Raspberry Fizz, Kraft & Black
  • Accessories: PTI Vintage Buttons, DMC Floss, Apron Lace Border Punch, Corner Rounder

18 comments:

  1. I am not exhausted!! Keep up the beautiful work. I am a kraft fanatic... I love kraft paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because of all your cards recently showcasing this set I am going to have to go out and buy it now! They have inspired me!!
    PS. I just put it together that you are the Maile from CARDS! Congrats on all your wonderful published creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the button center!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you tucked a button into the bloom for a bud-like effect! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yet another wonderful card! Love the little button, and the fabulous flower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that little button. So cute and adds a special touch. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your In Blooms is my button bouquet!! I'm not tired of it at all as I love to see the same image done in different ways...raspberry ink on kraft is delicious! One of my favs :) And the button is genious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colour choices and the flower layed with the button in the centre is really pretty.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. maile,
    love it! you've really done some FAB cards with this set! you go girl! i love that border punch too...delicous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your layers and all your fun details!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is just gorgeous! Love the button peeking from behing the bloom! Great idea! I just used this set, but now I wanna start over and do it that way! lol... Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seriously, girl, do you ever make a bad looking card!?! Haha! I hope you don't mind if I steal some of your ideas!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just beautiful!! I have recently found your blog and I just LOVE your clean, fresh style!! Very inspiring!! Thank you for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just have to tell you how much I LOVED how you stuck the button down inside the popped up center of your flower! You are so clever!! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love love love that tucked button!! brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS