Thursday, August 6, 2009

Hey There cupcake!

Hey there! Hope you are having a good week.

Earlier this week my sister and I (Hi Sis!) did some shopping together. I found a great sale on a couple of border punches I have been eyeballing. I've been seeing them all over cards lately and have been dying to get my hands on them. So today's card showcases my new toys...
Another purchase I made was with my 40% off Michaels coupon, on a new Heat Embossing Tool. A few months ago I had dropped my last one, it didn't like me after that (lol), and it quit working. I had forgotten how much fun this tool was! The polka dots on the blue strip are embossed with clear powder. For a special touch on the cupcake I gave it a good coating of yum yum frosting using white embossing powder. Mmmmmm! :) Check out this yumminess...

The flower button and ribbon detail (one on the left side) is one of my favorite things about this card. The button is adorable, but it only had one large hole in it. So I tied a knot in the ribbon, strung it through the hole and wrapped it around the card. Such a simple detail but it adds a lot, going to have to do it again!

So what do you think of my frosted cupcake? Does it look good enough to eat? I'll pretend it's my sisters homemade frosting, she makes a killer cream cheese frosting! Lol! Mmmmmm!

Hope you have a wonderful day! Thanks for visiting me today and sorry if I've given you the urge to eat something sweet and unhealthy. :)


Maile



Hey There Cupcake!

  • Stamps: Cupcake Collection, Polka Dot Basic II
  • Ink: Raspberry Fizz, SU Bashful Blue, SU Choc Chip, SU Craft White & Versamark
  • Cardstock: Kraft, White, Dark Choc & SU Bashful Blue
  • Accessories: Apron Lace & Embossed Curves Border Punches, Corner Rounder, Raspberry Fizz and Spring Rain Twill Ribbons and Fizz Vintage Buttons, Twine, Clear & White Embossing Powder, Stickles

13 comments:

  1. Love love love this card, especially that yummy frosting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, definitely craving something sweet now!! Yum! It does look so tasty! I love the embossing and the punches you used! That pink ribbon with the cool button is so neat!! I LOVE pink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have!! I'll have to stop at Starbucks now after my errands!! Funny, I just bought a new punch at Michaels with my coupon!! They've been out of the small dotted scallop for ages up here and they FINALLY came in!! Aren't they fun? I've given you an award over on my blog today...check it out :) LOVE the embossing and how the kraft mixes so well with the pink and blue :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! Every details is perfection. Love the punches and heat embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is too FUN! I love the colors, the embossing, and the ribbon/button combo! And YAY for new punches! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! Love all the little details (like the 1 rounded corner), and all the punchy fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute! I used my Micheal's coupon on my heat gun, too! Love your new punch and card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the embossing on the cupcake, I've got to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous as always! I love that curved border punch... who makes that? I have seen it a ton too and want one myself! And by the way... a BIG CONGRATS on being in the Raspberry Suite spotlight!! That is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooo, so yummy! I love the different size scallops too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummmmy!!! I love the one hole button technique....makes me wish I had a button with only one hole in it :D I might have to improvise. I also like the clear embossed polka dots - great effect!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the cupcake. And I really like the embossing that you did to enhance the card in all the right places. To be honest the think I like the most about the card, besides the cupcake of course, is the clear embossing to the blue paper. It adds more fun. Thanks for making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS