Sunday, August 9, 2009

True Friend

Hello my friends!

So, I am excited to share today's card with you all! As you know already I am having a blast playing around with my In Bloom stamp set. I love it, it's such a versatile set and I can't quite put it down! On yesterdays card I layered the bloom image and showcased it as the main focal point. Today card uses it as a background for the sentiment. So onto the card...
Since the sentiment is so long I chose to layer the sentiment over the image. The sentiment comes as one stamp, but to get the two colors I carefully inked up one side in brown and then the other in raspberry. Then placed a few buttons in a way to help draw the attention to the sentiment.

Are you loving this color combo as much as me? I think it may be one of my faves! Oh, and can you believe it, I resisted the corner punch on this one!!! LOL!

Hope you are enjoying your last bit of the weekend! We are headed to a friends house for dinner and dessert, I'm bringing the strawberry shortcake! Mmmmmmmm! :)

Maile



Nothing Better Than A True Friend:

  • Stamps: In Bloom & Background Basics: Retro
  • Ink: Dark Choc, Summer Sunrise & Raspberry Fizz
  • Cardstock: Kraft, White, Summer Sunrise, Raspberry Fizz & Dark Choc
  • Accessories: Rasp Fizz Vintage Buttons, Twine, Apron Lace Border Punch

17 comments:

  1. .......and that's a BEAUTIFUL card indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, loving the pops of raspberry on this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Awesome! Love this layout and use of stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! Gorgeous card Maile! And yup, I am lovin' that color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa! This is gorgeous, and what a GREAT color combo!! Mmm, strawberry shortcake sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fabulous - colors design, everything! I am loving this set too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Love this card. The design the stamp combo, the colors. You make me need this set!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Maile! I love your long cards... very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card, Maile! I really love this In Bloom set. The buttons add a nice and sweet touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Love the yellow flowers and raspberry buttons...perfect with kraft and the border punch!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this! The colors are perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful card, isn't that flower so wonderful?! I love everything you have done with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this card is seriously stunning!!! I just love your clean and simple, yet elegant style!!! I really like the size you made this card too!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS