Friday, August 14, 2009

You're So Sweet

Happy Friday!!! Yeah the weekend is almost here!

Today's card it based off of the Fall To Layout #54. Here is my take on it...Yes, it is a skinny card again, hope you aren't bored of them yet! :) Anyways, today's card is super simple, it literally took me about 10 minutes to make!

To create the black frame all I did was cut a piece of scrap cardstock to the size needed, rounded the corners (still using that corner rounder, just in a different way! Got to love that tool!) and traced it with a black ultra fine point Sharpie. I made sure to leave space for the sentiment. I wanted "sweet" to stand out a bit more, so I embellished it with some bling. I use my Everyday Button Bits again, it has such a great assortment of images! Using the cherries today, I stamped the stems in ripe avocado onto a spring moss circle. Added two berry sorbet buttons, stitch with black floss, to match the frame. Then just popped it onto the card making sure to extend it over the edge. So that was it! Easy Peasy!!! What do you think?

I think this weekend will be another laid back weekend for us! Do any of you have any big plans? Well, hope you have a good one. Thanks for stoppin' in today, hope you enjoyed! Come back soon!

Maile

You're So Sweet:

  • Stamps: Everyday Button Bits
  • Ink: Ripe Avocado & Berry Sorbet
  • Cardstock: White & Spring Moss
  • Accessories: Berry Sorbet Vintage Buttons, DMC Black Floss, Black Ultra Fine Point Sharpie, Kaiser Rhinestones, Circle Punch & Corner Rounder

10 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the rhinestones under the Sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Nice tip on how to draw a corner rounded border.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is darling! Love the border and the rhinestones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! Love your take on the sketch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the bling under the sentiment!! I've just been filling my shopping cart with PTI items for myself and my stamping buddy :) I also won a $25 GC over at the Verve release forum! It's been a busy Friday night :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea Maile - you clever lady :D it is simplistic bliss.

    I'm off swimming this morning, helping friends move house this afternoon and running a table at my local craft fayre tomorrow - or maybe i'll stay home in my jammies all day (I wish hee hee).

    What ever you do - have fun :D

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! What a fun card! I am loving the tall and skinny cards, keep them coming :D

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS