Monday, August 3, 2009

Cupcake Goodness

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I had a very productive one, finished painting the ceiling in one day! Very glad its done!

So this weeks CAS Challenge is to use stitching, real or faux. I kinda laughed when I first saw this, it's the perfect challenge because I had been working on this technique for the last week. So here is a card I made before the challenge was posted, but fits it perfectly...

I prefer to do my stitching by hand with embroidery floss, I really like the thicker stitches and prefer the look. I'm also too lazy to keep lugging the heavy sewing machine in and out of the closet. :) Here I did a Zig-zag stitch along the seem of the two polka dots. I'm not sure if Zig-zag is the correct term exactly, but that's what it looks like to me... lol. The button is threaded with the same brown floss to match the stitching. Here is a tip I find very handy: Make sure to pierce all the holes, with a paper piercer, before using the needle and thread/floss. Its much easier on the fingers.

I'm really liking this color combo, Chocolate with berry and orange. This combo was made for cupcakes! Polka dots were made for cupcakes too, hope your not tired of them yet.

I pulled out my neglected Stickles for this card and went to town. Here is a close up of the glittery goodness!...

I really like the way this card turned out. It's cute, simple and has lots of fun details! Hope you like it too!

Hope you have a great Monday!

Maile

Eat Cake:

  • Stamps: Cupcake Collection & Polka Dot Basic II
  • Ink: Summer Sunrise & SU Choc. Chip
  • Cardstock: Berry Sorbet, Dark Choc. & White
  • Accessories: DMC Floss, Circle Punch, Corner Rounder, Stickles (Stardust) & PTI Berry Sorbet Vintage Button

13 comments:

  1. Hmmm, let's see: you've got a cupcake, polka dots, glitter, and Berry Sorbet...yep, I LOVE this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! LOVE all the little details, and that color combo rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - love your color combination. You have a ton of great stuff here, I'll be a frequent visitor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! Love the stitching and sparkle...cupcakes are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. um, can you say YUM! i love the glitter, i love glitified projects!! i love the polkas too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so cute! You really have an eye for colors, layouts, etc! I love all of your cards! Thanks for the zig zag tip... I think I need to borrow that. I want a sewing machine so bad... I hadn't thought of doing it by hand! Duh!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! Love the color combo, glitter, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card. I love all the details you add to your work. The little things make such a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so yummy, love this card and color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow,
    It is really very great cards....
    Thanks for this cute post.....

    click here

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I can comment on each one but can't right now. But I can't leave your blog without leaving a comment on this. Just BEAUTIFUL! Love the colors and the design. What a lovely lovely card and you have a wonderful (new) blog!!! I'll be coming back ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS