Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bold & Bright

Today's card was inspired by this photo in Better Homes And Gardens Magazine, August 09 issue...This photo really stood out to me because of its bold, bright and fun colors. This is not a usual color combo for me, I'm not really a fan of purple and don't usually go so bold; but I just love how these colors came together in this bouquet. Here is my interpretation... The colors used were: Raspberry Fizz, Ripe Avocado & SU Perfect Plum. I have a very small stash of purple cardstock (one 12X12 sheet) and this card almost used it all up! lol!. I may not be a fan of purple but the other two are a couple of my favorites.

The sentiment is a little hard to see clearly, here is a better shot...Now that I'm thinking about it, I should have stamped the sentiment on a purple strip of cardstock in white ink. This probably would have helped it stand out better. Too late now, oh well. Live and learn. :)

Ok... I guess the purple is kind of growing on me. :) Maybe it just needs to be combined with the right colors.

So how about you, what are your favorite colors or least favorite colors? Do you like to go for Bold & Bright or Soft & Subtle? I'd love to hear your take!

Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!!! Thanks for visiting!

Maile


Thanks You:
  • Stamps: PTI Background Basics: Retro, Fancy Flourishes & Damask Design (Sentiment)
  • Ink: Su Perfect Plum
  • Cardstock: White, Ripe Avocado, Raspberry Fizz & SU Perfect Plum
  • Accessories: Ripe Avocado Satin Ribbon, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, Raspberry Fizz Vintage Button, MM Button, Twine, Scalloped Edge Punch, Corner Rounder

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Maile! I love the colors and how you stamped the swirl to look like the butterfly trail! My favorites (according to SU) are Bold Brights and Earth Elements (especially in the fall).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! It is simply elegant with lovely clean lines and I love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo... This is gorgeous! Not colors I would reach for normally, but love how you pulled it all together!

    When I first started out, I leaned towards the soft and subtle side of color, but now, I'm totally on the other side of the spectrum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. what a beautiful card! i love the colors, just delicious! i love that flourish across the card...delicous indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this colour combo and the butterfly with flourish is adorable!! I'm a go either way girl when it comes to colour...although I love bright colours, if the card calls for softer colours (baby, wedding, sympathy) I'll go soft. I'm off to make a raspberry fizz, crushed curry and black card...who knows what will happen!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you did a great job with pulling these colors together. The picture of the flowers are beautiful. I love all those colors, I am a big fan of bright pink! I love purple as well! I think I tend to like bright and cheerful colors, but it depends on what kind of mood I'm in I suppose too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love the color combo. I don't know if I necessarily have any favorites... I go back and forth too often. I guess my latest favorite color combo (which i am over now) was orange, gray, and white.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow,
    It is really very cute cards....
    Thanks for this lovely cards......

    see this

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the inspiration and your card is perfect! I need to use that backgrounder....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely interpretation of the inspiration piece! I love how you balanced the bolder colors so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha I found your blog! This is gorgeous and I added you to my blog reader! D

    ReplyDelete
  12. So elegant, I love the flourish stamped over top the background. Hmmm, lately I've been going bold and bright for summer. Raspberry and avocado are two of my faves, also!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS