Saturday, October 24, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #18

Hello all! Hope you are enjoying your weekend. It's time for another Raspberry Suite Color Challenge, and this one is another stunner... Here is what I came up with...
Decided to give the Moxie Fab World: Not Your Regular Ruffles Challenge another go. I cut the Christmas tree image (from Tree Trimming Trio) into sections, ruffled and adhered ribbon, then assembled the tree back together and embellished with buttons. Not sure what I think of it, but decided to share it anyways.

Stamped a cream strip with my new woodgrain stamp in brown. Attached a cream apron lace border, wrapped with cream satin ribbon and stamped the sentiment (from Signature Christmas).

Hoping to go to the pumpkin patch after church today. Hope you have a blessed day! Thanks for visiting!

Maile


Christmas Blessings: (All PTI unless noted)
  • Stamps: Tree Trimming Trio, Signature Christmas & All Night Media Woodgrain Stamp
  • Ink: Dark Chocolate & SU Wild Wasabi
  • Cardstock: Kraft & Vintage Cream
  • Accessories: Vintage Cream Satin Ribbon, Raspberry Fizz Vintage Buttons, Cream Twine, Sheer Green Ribbon, Apron Lace Punch & Corner Rounder

41 comments:

  1. So perfect for both challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ruffles!! What a great idea :) The woodgrain gives it an outdoor feel too. Yes, I've been loving my retro background...especially the one I used for Dawn's card. I've also tracked down the 2 fiskar punches I don't have!! Thank goodness for the internet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute. I love the woodgrain and the cool, ruffled christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card - love the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I think it's fab! I love the idea to add the ruffles to the tree - it gives it gorgeous texture! Now that's a tree with style! LOL!
    Great job with the challenge!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really cute, what a great way to change up that tree from Tree Trimming Trio!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card. I love the addition of ribbon like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous -- love the sweet and simple design on this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I love the ruffles and the woodgrain! What a great Christmas card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! I love the pairing of the woodgrain with the tree. And the ruffles...definitely a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the layered tree and the woodgrain! FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  12. excellent job maile, your card is fabulous!!! Love that woodgrain...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow... such a great idea! You are one talented lady Maile Belles!! Your cards are always perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!!! WoW!!! WOW!!! ok thats all I have to say!! hahah!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous! Fantastic layout. Love how you used the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is pretty amazing!! I'm in love with that tree... sooo cool with the ribbon. And that woodgrain, seriously love this card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Im speachless..this is sooo beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow, this is GORGEOUS! Looooove that ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a fantastic card! I love the layout and the stamps you used :) Great job. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty - love the ruffles on your tree! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I missed this one! It's beautiful. I love how you made the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  22. fabulous as always! great card, love the woodgrain strip.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh the little ruffles on the tree are wonderful! Congratulatuions on the spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ohh this tree is comletely and utterly gorgeous! Those ruffles are amazing and the woodgrain... WOW!! Such a perfect choice for the top picks, well done!!
    Smiles Sharnee :0)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just gorgeous! Love the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! This card is so gorgeous! Love the tree and how you have taken it apart and added extra embellishments. It looks so cute! Congrats on being in the Spotlight twice!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on this lovely card being in the spotlight---and your other one, too! You are on a roll! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats on the Spotlight win! Your blog is fabulous, love your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oooh! I LOVE this card! Ruffles are my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Well, it seems that everyone adores it, as I do! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS