Thursday, October 22, 2009

Just Us Girls Week 3 Color Challenge

Hi there! Today's card was created for the latest "Just Us Girls" Week 3 Color Challenge. The colors are Aqua, Red and Cream... Although the challenge calls for cream (and I did read that before starting the card), I spaced on the cream and used white. I was on a roll when making this card that I didn't even notice the mistake until I was completely done. What was I (not) thinking! I'll just blame it on the late night. :)
The ornaments (from Winter Swirls) were stamped and cut out. Before adhering them to the card, I pierced holes at each ornament and strung embroidery floss through, wrapped it around the card and tied the ends together on the inside.

I've horded these clear epoxy stickers for too long, I love how they look over the ornaments. And how about that Houndstooth! I love it! It's one of my new stamps from Studio Calico, I love how I can create a houndstooth in any color I like. Like stamping it in red over aqua cardstock! Fun!

Hope you enjoyed your visit with me today!

Maile


Happy Holidays: (All PTI unless noted)
  • Stamps: Winter Swirls & Studio Calico Limited Edition Houndstooth Block
  • Ink: Aqua Mist & SU Real Red
  • Cardstock: White & Aqua Mist
  • Accessories: Making Memories Aqua Trim, Pure Poppy Vintage Buttons, DMC Floss, MM Epoxy Page Pebbles & Corner Rounder

17 comments:

  1. This is an ADORABLE card Maile!! I love those epoxy stickers over the ornaments!! Those are soo cool, where do you find those??

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful and with the right (or I guess technically wrong) lighting it could look cream! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute maile!! i love that new stamp of yours...harringbone in any color...delightful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the houndstooth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cream or no cream, this is one FANTASTIC card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gasp...I love this maile..tons....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Maile! This is tres chic! I LOVE houndstooth too and the epoxy stickers over the ornaments is super cool! THey work just right. This is as pretty as a picture...I am so glad you could play with Just Us Girls this week! WOw!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beautiful creation! And that houndstooth stamp is excellent I thought it was dp.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooooooh love epoxy, love the trim, love the houndstooth:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely adorable card! Love the expoxy stickers on the ornaments and that you tied them on the inside. Cool houndstooth stamp too!
    Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week. Hope to see you back on Saturday for a brand new challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the long card on this one...and the dp :) I'm still waiting for the latest PTI order. This time we're having it shipped to Canada as my brother isn't coming up till Christmas and the dh is not going down for work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fantastic! LOVE your stamped houndstooth paper (I thought you bought it!!) and those ornaments are perfect with the clear, epoxy stickers!! So clever to "hang" them using embroidery floss! Love it!!

    Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!! Hope you can join us again on Saturday for a fun 3-D challenge hosted by our sweet Mona!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! Love the houndstooth!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, the houndstooth! I LOVE it in every color! :) I bought the Hero Arts stamp, but I think it is too small! I don't have a stamp-a-ma-jig, so it's hard to stamp a large area! :)
    Beautiful Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally fab color combo for Christmas, and your design is DA BOMB!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute card. Wonderful simple layout.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw this on SCS the other day... CAS fave of the week :)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS