Monday, October 12, 2009

Circle Card Color Challenge

Hello there friends and happy Monday! The latest challenge over at Embellish is to create a circle card using these colors... Here is what I came up with...
I first cut the circle for the image panel and stamped one of the trees from Tree Trimming Trio in green. Then stamped the sentiment, from Signature Christmas, in brown over the tree. Embellished with buttons.
For the ribbon, I cut another circle (same size as the image circle), placed adhesive around the edges and ruffled the ribbon along the adhesive. For extra staying power, I stapled each ruffle into place. With dimensional adhesive I attached the ribbon circle onto a brown circle base then the image circle over the ribbon.

I have to admit... I have never made a circle card before! Don't know what took me so long to try it, I really like the way it turned out. Going to have to do it again soon.

Thanks for spending some time with me today, hope you enjoyed. Hope you have a great start to your week.

Maile


Holiday Greetings: (All PTI unless noted)

  • Stamps: Tree Trimming Trio & Signature Christmas
  • Ink: Spring Moss, Dark Chocolate
  • Cardstock: Dark Chocolate & White
  • Accessories: Aqua Mist Swiss Dot Ribbon, Aqua Mist Vintage Buttons, DMC & Coluzzle Cutting System

20 comments:

  1. ahhhh...super duper cute Maile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its beautiful! i've never done one either, hoping this will be my first one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO PRETTY! Love love love the ruffled ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning. The colours are perfect and love your button placement. I gave your french knots a try on my last post...but they don't look as beautiful as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Maille, I found circle cards very tricky but yours looks stunning :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh girlie, you nailed this one! love, love, love! great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the ribbon treatment and buttons...so pretty!! I just got my PTI order this weekend :) Can't wait to use the paper and stampes (Dawn's holiday sayings and retro background )

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet and pretty Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's really a beautiful card.

    xx Anita

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in awe! This card is utterly fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your circle card and your use of the colors!! Awesome ruffle!! Great job on the challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love it! Love the ribbon and how the sentiment overlaps the tree! You have waited too long to make a circle card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is sooo darn pretty, love that ruffled ribbon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very lovely girl!! So clever how you did the ribbon around the circle!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved the way you used the ribbon here, Maile! Thanks so much for participating in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is mega gorgeous! Wow! So excited to start following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on making the list of What's Hot over at Embellish! This card is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS