Monday, October 19, 2009

Not Your Regular Ruffles

Happy Monday everyone! Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

It's time now for another Moxie Fab Challenge! This time the challenge is to incorporate ruffles into your project. Here is what I came up with... I went with a circle card again and the same ruffle technique used on this card. This is only the second circle card I have ever created, they are really quite fun! Here is a link on how to create one, done by Ashley Newell, that I found very helpful.
I randomly stamped the shoe images onto the white circle. Cut one out, mounted it with dimensional adhesive and embellished it with a rhinestone.

This Hero Arts wood mounted stamp set, Fancy High Heels (I can't find the actual set that I bought but here is a link to the closest set I could find), was another item that made it home with me the other day when I stopped at the craft store with a friend. I had always wanted to get a cute shoe image to go along with this sentiment from my PTI Green Thumb set.
You may have noticed a little bit of a change around here. Thanks to my super sweet and very good blogging friend, Jessica, I have a wonderful new Blog Banner! Thanks Jessica, you did a wonderful job! I have truly been blessed in many ways with her friendship!

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you have a great start to your week.

Maile


You Can Deal With Anything With The Right Shoes: (All PTI unless noted)
  • Stamps: Green Thumb & Hero Arts Fancy High Heels
  • Ink: True Black
  • Cardstock: Raspberry Fizz, Black & White
  • Accessories: Coluzzle Circle Cutter, Raspberry Fizz Saddle Stitch Ribbon, KaiserCraft Black Rhinestone

19 comments:

  1. CUTE!!!! Ruffles, huh? Oh, I think this is my kind of challenge :P I'll have to think about it and hopefully I won't miss the deadline this time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! I have been looking for a cute shoe stamp too :-) And thanks for the ruffles idea on your previous card - I never thought to use adhesive and staples on an extra layer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome card for the MFW challenge...love the pops of color!

    Lovin' your new blog banner too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, another winner, Maile. The colors are so appropriate for those shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute. Love the color scheme and the shoes are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the pink! Those shoes are fabulous, but definitely for posing!! Not walking. LOL Great new banner, very stylish :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new banner, it's so pretty! Awesome card too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute card and I love your new blog banner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute cute!! i have this set i havent used it yet! i wasnt sure how to use it. you did such an awesome job with this card. i love what you did with the ribbon too. tell jessica she did a good job with your banner.

    www.naomis-space.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow - maybe your second card will be picked a hot winner too!!! It is beautiful with all that ruffly goodness! Congrats on your Embellish Mag HOT pick!! You are so on a roll!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh My Gosh! This is sooo my kind of card! I love the colors and those shoes are AMAZING! I need that stamp and the PTI stamp works great with it! :) I think you have a winner here! Congrats on your win over at Embellish too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Maile! Thanks for entering the Moxie Fab World challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh, what a CUTE card!! I love it, loving the pink of course!! :)
    You're very welcome for the banner! I only wish I could do an even better one, and maybe next time I will!! :)
    You're so sweet! I am very thankful for your friendship as well! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card--I love the black and white and pink! Those shoes are fab and so are the ruffles!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. CUTE!!!! LOVE what you did with the circle card and the ruffles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute card!!! The ruffles around the circle was very clever :)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS