Friday, October 23, 2009

M's Sketch Challenge #2

Hey everyone and happy Friday! Savitri's adorable daughter Emma is at it again, she has created another great card design for her second sketch challenge. I hope I haven't strayed too far from the original sketch, but here is what I came up with...Along with our challenge cards we are to share what we were inspired by. As you can probably tell already, I was inspired by this card I posted yesterday. I just couldn't get over how cute those ornaments look hanging from embroidery floss and for some reason I can't seam to put this houndstooth stamp down either.

I think I have found my new favorite Christmas color combo: Aqua Mist, Melon Berry and Rustic Cream.

Thanks for stopping in today, hope you have a blessed weekend!

Maile


Noel: (All PTI unless noted)
  • Stamps: Winter Swirls & Studio Calico Houndstooth Block
  • Ink: Aqua Mist & Melon Berry
  • Cardstock: Rustic Cream
  • Accessories: Melon Berry Satin Ribbon, DMC Embroidery Floss & Corner Rounder

22 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Love the hanging ornaments. Perfect CAS card. Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you can't put that dp down... and I'm glad!! LOL Yummy Christmas colours! Have fun at the Pumpkin Patch. I take my class to one on Tuesday. Most of my kids have never been to a farm so it's a really fun day. They will feed sheep corn, go on a hayride, pick their own pumpkin and then walk by the river and see eagles and dead salmon :) They will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I love your card! It puts mine to shame. Beautiful colors and I simply adore the simplictic layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful color combo and those ornaments are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that bow is absolute perfection!!! great color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum. those ornaments are so dang cute!! i've got to replenish my floss supply...you're making me need it more than i have in a long time!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Maile! I loved your hanging ornaments on the last post as well so I don't blame you for not wanting to put it down... stay with what works and this definitely does!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing card! The floss looks great, as does this color combo. So fresh and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card, Maile!! It's so cute! Love the hanging ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is sooooo pretty Maile!!! I love these cards you've done with the hanging bulbs!! They're so elegant! I love the color combo as well! You're so creative and clever... Like always!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! I love the houndstooth (of course) :) and the color combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ok, this card is so gorgeous Maile, the color go so well, the orange just pops out at ya! Love the cute ornaments!

    Hugs
    Clouds :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. prite card i lik hugs emma

    Wow, this is GORGEOUS!!!!!!! So so sweet! You just have a knack for sweet and simple!!!!! LOVE it and thanks SOOOO much for playing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are killing me ....I love this

    ReplyDelete
  15. stunning!! Love that you made the pattern paper and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a beautiful card, and I can see why you love this color combination; it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS