Monday, October 5, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #17

Hello again my friends! Thanks so very much for bearing with me in my absence. Yesterday I finally had a chance to play around with the newest color challenge by Dawn McVey. Here is what I came up with...
I really liked the flower paper in the picture so this is my handmade version, I randomly stamped the flower image in Versamark, red and aqua inks onto craft cardstock.
Last week when my mom and I were shopping for the party we had this weekend, we stopped by the craft store and I had a chance to pick up some fun fabrics. For this card I stamped a label, from my new Vintage Labels stamp set, onto some burlap and then cut it out (I don't have the coordinating dies for this stamp set, but I did find out that Nestabilities do work on burlap).
The flower was die cut from red felt then stitched onto the burlap with a button and brown floss. Using the same brown floss I stitched "Hi" onto the label.

I hope you had a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!

Maile

"Hi": (All PTI unless noted)
  • Stamps: Vintage Labels & Inque Boutique - Floradoodles
  • Ink: Aqua Mist, Dark Chocolate, SU Real Red & Versamark
  • Cardstock: Dark Chocolate, Kraft & Bazzil Red
  • Accessories: Burlap, Flowers Cuttlebug Dies, Aqua Vintage Buttons, DMC Floss, Aqua Mist Twill Ribbon, Upper Crest Border Punch

19 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! This is sooooo cool!!! What a creative card, great job:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Maile! The burlap label is so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Maile!! Wonderful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is great! I love the burlap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so creative, Maile. I actually almost bought some burlap today, but didn't know how to communicate in German what I wanted (I was "next door" in Austria). Now, you've inspired me to really get some.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, love the texture on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card... love the added texture

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card, great take on the color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa... This is fantastic!! AWESOME job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on the challenge, and way to incorporate the burlap. It's amazing what you can use in papercrafting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the flowers and burlap!! so fun and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love it! that burlap is a great addititon!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card, again.. Goodness girl! You always out do me!! hehe! I had a rough day today. Atop it all I missed the deadline on the color challenge.. pretty bummed about that.
    Love your burlap tag cutout, and felt flower, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the burlap label and the felt flower, and the flower background is great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE the stitched burlap and the stamped flowers! GREAT card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so charming--love the burlap and felt!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute! I love the burlap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooooh!! This is just wonderful! I adore how you combined these fabulous colors and added the texture details! Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS