Thursday, October 29, 2009

Just Swinging By To Say...

Hello my friends! Today I wanted to share a simple invitation I made for a friend (Hi Jamie!). Her son is turning one and they are celebrating with a jungle theme party. The other day we went to the craft store and she picked out these Stampendous monkey stamps for the invitations (Changito Dos). I kept the design as simple as possible since I needed to make a bunch of them.
The vine image was stamped twice at the top of the circle, then the monkeys were stamped to look like they were hanging from the vines. The green panel was stamped with leaves in Versamark. For some texture and interest I added a torn edge and wrapped the green panel with embroidery floss. Finished it off with a sentiment stamped in brown.

Thanks for stopping in today, hope you have a blessed day!

Maile


Just Swinging By To Say... (All PTI unless noted)

  • Stamps: Stampendous Changito Dos
  • Ink: Dark Chocolate, Ripe Avocado & Versamark
  • Cardstock: Dark Chocolate, Ripe Avocado & White
  • Accessories: Marvy Uchida Circle Punch & DMC Embroidery Floss

13 comments:

  1. Very cute... those monkeys are adorable! Congrats on your mention over at Hero Arts!! That was a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable, so nice that you did that for your friend, you must be nice:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those monkeys are the sweetest!! What a lovely invitation :) Love the banana leaves on the green as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love that stamp set! Congrats on your win over at Hero Arts! I love that card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely adorable and perfect for a bday party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling card!! All the elements come together so well!
    Meile, I LOVE your style and you're an inspiration to me. I have an award for you over at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been looking around on your blog. I am very impressed with your work. Your cards are wonderful! Come join us at sweetsketchwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute,Maile!!! I love the simplicity and the strong focal point. SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so super cute! Love the details. Great colors and layout. Love the thread. Great card, and super for the occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorably fun card, Maile! :) Funny coincidence for me - I just got my first Changito stamp just the other day. I was in Michael's with my boys to pick up stuff for their Halloween parties and one of them picked it up in the clearance section. Now you're making me want to go to my crafting area to make a card with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything about this is perfect! I love your work. I find myself trying to STOP myself from CASEing your designs constantly. TOTALLY inspiring stuff here girl!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS