Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Photo Inspiration Challenge

Hello all! My new friend Melissa Phillips has started a new Inspirational Challenge over at her blog. The latest challenge is based off of this fabulous photo...Courtesy of A Creative Mint, isn't this just so inspiring! A Creative Mint is an amazing place full of gorgeousness ready to inspire anyone! So stop by and be prepared to be in awe! Here is my take...
The rows of vintage buttons, rustic cream and kraft colors and twines were what drew my attention the most. I couldn't help but incorporate these details onto my card.
The top was stamped with Background Basics: Diamonds, in pure poppy. Then wrapped with pure poppy grosgrain ribbon and tied with a tiny cream twine bow. Lined my vintage buttons up in rows onto vintage cream cardstock, stamped a sentiment (from Damask Design), rounded the bottom corners and mounted it all onto a kraft card base.

So, stop by Melissa blog for all the details and to see what Dawn McVey, Betsy Veldman, Mish Wooderson & Heather Nichols were inspired to create. Hope you get a chance to play along too. Have a wonderful day!

Maile


I Love You: (All PTI unless noted)

16 comments:

  1. Again a WOW card Maile

    xx Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Maile!! Creative Mint is one of my fav blogs. I love all her gorgeous Color My Pretty inspiration photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, Maile! Love your inspirational use of the buttons. Thanks for reminding me about this challenge! I needed this last night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! ....barely had time to look at everyone's fab creations on the scavenger hunt never mind leave a comment...congrats! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. so simple and so complete. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a stunning card!! I love the design with the rows of buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it....what a fun inspiration challenge it was...can't wait for the next one!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous design! wow! i am so in love with this card!! just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sweet card just makes my heart melt....it is sweet in every way....love the button grouping...just darling.
    Thanks for playing along Maile.
    Melis

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so sweet! Love the design and yes, the colors are great. I didn't play along with the last one. I'm hoping to be able to tonight for this color!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun card Maile, the buttons rock! luv luv the layout of the card! I luv the red ribbon!

    Hugs
    Clouds :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful card maile. and congratulations on the pti gig, i check your blog often and am always inspired by your work. looking forward to seeing your creations with pti.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! Love those buttons, Maile :o)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS