Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Papertrey Color Favorites

Are you all enjoying the Papertrey anniversary festivities?! How exciting is the new Fillable Frames Collection by Heather Nicholes & Color Couture by Dawn McVey?! All the possibilities and just think the actual countdown begins tomorrow!!!

In honor of Heather's and Dawn's new collections, Nicole had asked the Papertrey design team to create a 4' X 6' card front (using our favorite color combos), which she will frame and then give to the winner of today's color challenge.

The color combo pictured above has become a new favorite of mine. The first time I ever used the combo was only a month ago on this card. I love to add the bold colors of Raspberry Fizz and Enchanted Evening in small amounts so that they pop off of the more neutral colors of Kraft, Dark Chocolate and White. Making sure to place or use the bold colors in a way that helps direct your eye across the card.
I created a fun little stamped polka dot tree using the tree image from Beyond Basic Borders and polka dots from Polka Dot Basics. Glittered a Raspberry Fizz cardstock strip, attached it to a Kraft base under the tree image panel. Another new favorite of mine is to, wrap twill ribbon around twice before tying it into a bow. This is a great way to utilize the thinner twill ribbon when a wider ribbon is needed (but you may not have).
Stamped one of my favorite sentiments, from Signature Greetings. Then added a few touches of glitter, to the ends of the tree branches, to finish off the card.

I hope you get a chance to give this color combo a try, it really is a fun one! Thanks for stopping by!


Maile


You Make Me Smile: (All PTI Unless noted)

17 comments:

  1. The glitter and the double layered ribbon really accent this card perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Maile! I love the little pops of colour and the accents of glitter on the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Clean & simple with just the right touch of 'glam'. Great colours - never would have come up with that on my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! love that piece of glittered Raspberry Fizz cardstock!! gorgeous card!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card just made my heart skip a beat, completely and utterly FABULOUS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great color choices Maile! Thanks for choosing Enchanted Evening, my favorite--I'll definitely be playing with your combo!

    Your card is so fun--I love all the glitter on the tree, reminds me of ice on branches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card! So beautiful and simple, with just the right amount of bling. I can't wait to play in Nichole's challenge when I get home tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! I love that you're on the PTI team! Your cards with their products are always BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your cards Maile
    They are so pretty again.

    xx Anita

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card! Love the color combo you chose. All the bits of glitter are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card made me smile!
    Sharon L

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute! Love your little sparkly tree and the ribbon is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a fun card! Love all the sparkle, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How I love this combo! Makes me think about my childhood and how I loved the blue (or dark blue) with pink! ;-) Beautiful piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  15. No wonder you love these colors...you make them look so FAB!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS