Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Egg Hunt

Welcome to one of the *official* stops on the Papertrey Egg Hunt!

Look closely and you may find
a hidden egg that's one-of-a-kind.
Perhaps there are more than one or maybe even none!
The Challenge is yours, enjoy and have fun!

If you are starting out here, make sure that you stop by Nichole's Blog to read about all the details along with the GRAND Prize affiliated with this fun contest!

Spring is just around the corner and with it comes the Easter holiday. With this in mind, I've used the soon to be released Egg Hunt stamp set (available on the 15th) to create a super cute Easter gift. How about a gift basket perfect to fill with goodies, as a gift for your little boy's and girl's?! Here's how it's made...

Start by cutting out two basket templates (this is one of the new Click Simple Templates created by Kim Hughes and it's available on the 15th), stamp and embellish as desired, then set aside.
Cut a strip of cardstock that measures 10" X 3.5". Score at 1/2" along each long side and at 2 3/8" along the short sides. Cut a notch from each scored corner and you should have a piece like the one pictured above.
Fold at the scored lines and adhere basket sides with Score-Tape.
Here is the completed basket. The scalloped grass was cut using two sizes of the new PTI exclusive Scalloped Dies. Used the new Tin Type Impression Plate for the white cardstock strip and wrapped it with 1/4" Silk Ribbon. The shredded paper was created by cutting thin strips of coordinating pattern paper from the Pretty Pastels collection.
Be sure to coordinate your card to complete the perfect gift ensemble.
Since I crated the project for my soon to be three year old son, I die cut and heat embossed white eggs from Blue Shimmer Cardstock (Pink Shimmer Cardstock would be a great option for girls), then tucked them into the scalloped grass.
This cute little butterfly was stamped and heat embossed twice (onto Lemon Tart cardstock), cut out, layered and attached to both the basket and card.

Be sure to stop by the other PTI Design Team ladies blogs to see what beauties they have created!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Maile


Egg Hunt Gift Basket & Card: Card measures 3 1/2" X 4 1/4"

37 comments:

  1. Love all of the details, especially how you tucked the eggs into the scallop border! So clever and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maile! A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E Easter projects! I could see your photo just fine, but thought I'd just mention that it's not clickable for me to enlarge it! Just thought you might want to know! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet project! Love how you created the multi-layer scallop border.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my Maile, so adorable! I luv the soft pastel colors! You rock missy :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my word...LOVE that lemon tart...delicous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful clean and simple design! love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic crisp designs lovely indeed

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you :) this is adorable! I cant believe how great all of these projects are and they are made from paper, its just amazing lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. just precious. Love all the texture and embossing. Love the color on color and layers. Just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG!!! Gorgeous basket and card, I mean really, just STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  11. clever use of the basket and scallops. I really like how you embossed the background as it gives it a soft quilt like feel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card and basket!!! I love the 3D look of the card! And the color combination is very nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful ideas!!! just gorgeous:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really sweet card, Maile! My fav colours!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Soo cute. I love your little basket. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Maile, I loved what you made. I loved the scalloped grass.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really pretty. Love how you doubled up on the scallop borders.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Darling project and the card! So perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the embossed butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love your card and basket.So adorable!thank you for inspiration.
    I love your blog too!
    celine from france.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What an adorable basket and card!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a great idea making that basket with the card template. I guess I will just have to use that idea myself for my grandkids, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. First, I want to thank you so much for spelling your name phonetically because I kept saying MayLee. Your project is as beautiful as the correct pronouncation of your name! I LOVE the soft colors and what you did with the scallop dies...that is so very smart!! The card and basket are splendid interpretations of the challenge. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This project is so cute! I love the basket (thanks for the tutorial) and the layered scallops along the bottom. Great stuff! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That basket is the cutest thing I've ever seen. I'm not much of an easter card gal, but I think I may have changed my ways after seeing this!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These projects are just precious, Maile!!! I don't know how on earth I'm going to choose which products to order from Papertrey Ink this month----everything is just so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the embossing on the eggs! Great touch to really make them stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great projects. The colors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fabulous, simply Fabulous. Love the basket, thanks for the measurments

    ReplyDelete
  30. Absolutely lovely--so crisp and fresh! Makes me long for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is GORGEOUS! You are RIGHT in your element with PTI :) Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS