Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Garden Tour 2

First off, I would like to send out a big Thank You to all of you for your kind words, warm welcome and support for my new venture, becoming part of the Papertrey Ink design Team. Today I decided to play along with Mish's second Garden Tour challenge. She has included to gorgeous pictures as inspiration, a sketch inspired by one of Betsy Veldman's beautiful cards (featured in the recent Stamp It! magazine) and a color combo of yellow and gray. Here is what I came up with...
The top panel was stamped with a background (from Background Basics: Diamonds) in Lemon Tart, rounded the bottom corners, wrapped with Lemon Tart Satin Ribbon and punch a circle. The flowers (from With Sympathy) were stamped in Ripe Avocado and Lemon Tart then placed behind the circle punched raised panel.
The sentiment (from Everyday Button Bits) was stamped around the circle and then the flowers were embellished with clear rhinestones.

I have got some fun links for you to check out...

Dawn Woleslagle has started her own new stamp line called Wplus9, the last couple of day's she has been sharing some sneak peeks of her sets. Stop by and check out Love Birds and Funky Foliage.

Courtney Baker has a second stamp set called You're Dandy, coming out on the 6th. So today she is sharing a card featuring her new set, check it out here.

Lastly, my friend Kim has got a few money saving homemade Clip It Up ideas. Check it out here.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Maile


All Things Grow With Love: (All PTI unless noted)
  • Stamps: Background Basics: Diamonds, With Sympathy & Everyday Button Bits
  • Ink: Lemon Tart, Ripe Avocado & SEI Chalk Ink Block in Chrome
  • Cardstock: White & Bazzill Gray
  • Accessories: Lemon Tart Satin Ribbon, Rhinestones, Marvy Uchida Circle Punch & Corner Rounder

20 comments:

  1. So sweet and love that lemony color, sure puts a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful and Big congrats to you so well deserved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card looks amazing! Very elegant and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh YEAH! I am definitely going to love visitng your blog. :) Gorgeous card - love the colours and the lemon tart background...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog through Papertrey and I have to tell you I am totally amazed at your work!!! Every card is an inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous card! this color combination just looks amazing! love your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wanted to say congrats on making the PTI design team!!! You will do great :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! Love the design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Pretty as a pea!!" (In a southern accent, not that I have one though!;)
    Haha, I'm in my annoying mood I guess. Very lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the simplicity of this card and yet it is so elegant. Congratulations on having your card on the cover of Card Magazine and the beautiful cards within the magazine itself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your take on it Maile! Betsy's card is sitting in my favorites right now! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is SO lovely, Maile! The colors, ribbon, and blingy flowers are all perfectly sweet! I'm ready for spring! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your new position at PTI!! I've blogged about it here (hope you don't mind!).

    ReplyDelete
  14. So soft and so elegant! I just love your use of the yellow (my favorite color), the window for the flowers and the rounded sentiment. Just lovely, Maile.

    ReplyDelete
  15. this rocks! Joan B

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the design and colors - just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS