Thursday, February 4, 2010

Welcome, Little One

Have you seen the latest Stamp It! Cards magazine by Paper Crafts? This issue is loaded with inspiration and talent! This is my first time ever being published in a Paper Crafts magazine, so I was super excited to finally see the issue for the first time at the CHA Super Show. Here is one of my cards that you can find inside...
The focus of the card is this hand stitched birds nest, with button eggs nestled inside. The vine image (from Beyond Basic Borders) was stamped in vintage cream ink onto a dark chocolate cardstock strip. The nest was attached over looped spring rain twill ribbon and then mounted over a vintage cream card base.

So hurry up and purchase your issue of Stamp It! Cards magazine, you'll be glad you did!


Maile


Welcome Little One: (All PTI unless noted)
  • Stamps: Beyond Basic Borders & Nursery Necessities (Stampin' Up!)
  • Ink: Vintage Cream & Dark Chocolate
  • Cardstosck: Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate, Kraft & Spring Rain
  • Accessories: Cream & Spring Rain Vintage Buttons, DMC Embroidery Floss, EK Success Embossed Curves Border Punch, Marvy Uchida Circle Punch & Corner Rounder

20 comments:

  1. Congrats Maile! This is truly one of my favorite cards in the magazine!!! Such great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this, Maile! The stitched nest is perfect! Congrats! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this card when I saw it in the magazine. Congrats on being published yet again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, girl!! :) I LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is ADORABLE!! LOVE the layout,stitching and buttons! Congrats on your Stamp It Publication! I was blessed enough to get one a couple of summers ago...Its exciting! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and congrats for the publication.

    xx Anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card, Maile, love the colors and layout. Congrats on the publication in Stamp It!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big congrats and such a cute card, so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw your awesome card in my copy of the magazine before the PTI announcement came out. Then when it did I was like, Yippee! It's so cute and you have such great ideas! Wow! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Maile! Such a beautiful card:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. your creativity is just amazing, Maile!! wow! that hand stitched nest is just genius!! LOVE IT!! congrats on being published!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your work is so stand out in this issue! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, lovely girl! Congratulations on this SPECTACULARLY sweet and inspired card and ALL of your pub-love! YOU are all over the latest CARDS issue, too, and let me just say, YOU LOOK GOOOOOOD! Hee Hee Way to go, sweet heart!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Maile, I haven't had the chance to say, "WOW!! Congratulations!!" What a surprise (although not really!)...I knew you were getting more into the designing part of things but didn't know how serious you were until recently :) I can imagine you are on Cloud 9!! Now I can see where all your dedication was heading :) You will have to expand your studio for all the new PTI!! So exciting...and I can say, "I knew her when..." Can't wait to follow more of your fabulous creations on the PTI blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a GREAT idea, with the little hand-sown nest! Original, like always.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw this one in the magazine & thought it was genius! You are such a great card maker. congrats on all of your great accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats Maile! I LOVED your card when I found it in the magazine, what a great idea with the stitching! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loved your projects in this issue! :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty! I love how you stitched the nest and used buttons for eggs!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The stiched nest is such a special touch to the card! Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS