Monday, February 22, 2010

Birthday Girl

Hello everyone and happy Monday! Popping in to share a card that was created using Dot Spot and Butterfly Dream...This color combo is fairly new to me. I don't usually use purple, but lately I've been trying to incorporate it into my usual color combos. The Kraft base was stamped using one of the butterfly background building images, in the Butterfly Dreams stamp set. Attach a Spring Moss strip, embellished it with buttons and then stamped the sentiment in Dark Chocolate. I stamped the large Dot Spot image in Aqua Mist, cut it out using my circle cutter and stitched a few Plum Pudding butterflies around the Spring Moss button center. Mounted the circle onto a card base measuring 5 1/2" X 3 3/4" so that when attaching it, I could extend it over the edge about a half an inch. The entire card measures 5 1/2" X 4 1/4" and still fits in a regular A2 envelope.

Hope you enjoy your day and have a wonderful start to your week!

Maile

Birthday Girl:

11 comments:

  1. Love this card. I am hoping my Dot Spot set arrives today. I like the purple. I have been trying to use it more often too. Great Spring color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTENESS!!! Wow wow wow, I sure do love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh Maile, what a great way to incorporate multiple stamp sets, so fun, luv those cute butterflies! awesome card!

    Hugs
    Clouds :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another adorable card, love those butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card! Love the circular butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute. I really love how you used the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SWEET sweet card. You used all the elements in such an original way. Where do you get all these awesome ideas from?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful card! love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. goodness gracious, i just love your cards! like everyone of them lol! and i don't say that about everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous- love the colors and adore the butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't Forget to Wish you dear one's on their Birthday, For Best and Unique Happy Birthday Wishes, Quotes, Messages, Ideas, Cards and Songs, Visit the following site. These sites are the best during my two years online experience, don't forget to say thanks.

    Happy Birthday

    Birthday Wishes

    Birthday Quotes

    Happy Birthday messages

    Happy Birthday Images

    Happy Birthday Cake

    Birthday Ideas

    Happy Birthday Gifts

    Happy Birthday Cards

    Birthday Funny

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS