Monday, January 4, 2010

Heartfelt Thanks

Hello my friends, hope you had a great weekend. Thank you all for your super sweet comments regarding my very first Embellish Design Team Challenge creation. Today's card was inspired by that very creation. I incorporated the same heart die cut idea, but used it in a completely different layout and color combo. I know I say this a lot, but I really love this color combo and don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. I love the combination of these rich colors (Raspberry Fizz and Enchanted Evening), popping off of the neutral white and kraft.

So what do you think of the ribbon detail? This idea came about from a necessity. The open space above the heart need some Enchanted Evening ribbon, but I only have the 3/8 inch twill. I tied the bow and it seamed as if it was too thin, not quiet enough to do the job. But inspiration struck and I came up with this double wrapped idea. It uses up a bit more ribbon than the usual bow, but I'm happy with the way it came out.
For a different look to the die cut heart this time, I backed it with glitter. Just spread a thin layer of glue onto the cardstock, sprinkle with glitter, let dry then attach the heart with dimensional adhesive. Embellish with a sentiment and button.

Thanks for coming by today and hope you have a great start to your week!

Maile


Heartfelt Thanks: (All PTI unless noted)
  • Stamps: Everyday Classics
  • Ink: Enchanted Evening
  • Cardstock: Kraft, White, Raspberry Fizz & Enchanted Evening
  • Accessories: Enchanted Evening Twill Ribbon and Button, Twine, Martha Stewart Fine Crystal Glitter & Corner Rounder

18 comments:

  1. Congrats Maile! So happy for you and I love the heart cards you have shared!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ribbon Maile, in fact you just reminded me that I have a unopened roll of black twill. Hmm...not for long! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, this *is* a great color combo! Such a fun card, and I love the glitter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is amazing as well! :) Now you got me wanting to make valentine cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did with the heart! Amazing!! you are so perfect for their design team!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the glittered heart and the double wrapped ribbon and the design and... just everything about this card! i adore it!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! The ribbon was the first thing I noticed and I love the glitter! Congrats again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the ribbon and the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! Congrats on the DT! You will rock it out! I love the double bow and the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous Maile! Congrats on your DT gig!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful! and congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely gorgeous. Just perfect! I love the simple design. The heart is focused and there are great extras! I like the rounded corners, ribbon and glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun color combo, Maile! :) Love it! So super glad to be designing with you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love that idea Maile. There are so many times I need wider ribbon! Fantastic idea. I'm sure I'll be trying it soon. Great card as always!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The heart die cut idea ~ beautiful! And the double ribbon, what can I say, you have the best ideas EVER :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the glitter! The detail on that ribbon is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS