Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Be Mine

Happy Wednesday to you! I am on my way out the door to visit with a friend, but I wanted to pop in a share another Valentine's Day Card with you.

By the way, in case you are unaware, the super sweet Winter Sims has put together a Card Drive for the children at St. Jude's Children Hospital. She is planning on hand delivering the cards (on her own vacation time!) in time for Valentine's Day. So stop by her blog and check it out (there is a prize available too!) and hopefully you too can create some cards to cheer up some children in need.Now on to the card... The tree top and scalloped border were both punched from spring moss cardstock, stamped with text (from Background Basics: Text Style) in ripe avocado and then distressed. I think I may have gone a little crazy with my Edge Distressing Tool! Lol! Wrapped the scalloped border with pink embroidery floss.
Then embellished the tree top with pink heart brads, placed it over a white cardstock block stamped with the tree base and sentiment (from Heart Prints), rounded the top corners and distressed the bottom edge.

Hope you are having a great week, talk at you later!


Maile

Be Mine: (All PTI unless noted)
  • Stamps: Beyond Basic Borders (Tree), Heart Prints & Background Basics: Text Style
  • Ink: Ripe Avocado, Dark Chocolate & Pink
  • Cardstock: Kraft, Spring Moss & White
  • Accessories: JoAnn's Heart Brads, Embroidery Floss, CTMH Edge Distressing Tool, Circle Punch, Embossed Curves Border Punch & Corner Rounder.

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful !!! Love the colors...! My distressed edges never look like this!!!! ha-ha... I guess I need to buy a new toy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet....love the pink floss...I have tons of it and you've inspired me to use it like twine!! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one fab color combo! Your distressing is just right! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is such a fabulous card! Something about it just 'speaks' to me...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow girlie, I *love* this! Such a fun, happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO CUTE! I love the little hearts and I love my distressing tool! :) Thanks so much for your support in the card drive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely tree! Great hearts and fantastic layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love everything about this card...great way to use shaped brads! Or any brads for that matter. I always have the hardest time figuring out what to do with those things...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, what a sweet card, Maile!! It is beautifully designed. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the background that you created for the tree, the hearts and the distressing! just everything!!! i adore this card!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love the use of text style here! The bit of distressing works so perfectly with this, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maile what a cute card, luv the brads!

    Hugs
    Clouds :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute card!! I love the heart-shaped brads you added to the tree and all of the distressing---makes it look well-loved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! You make it look so easy. I am so using my brads from here on out. Love the touch of floss. Very pretty. Clean and fabulous card. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS