Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mr & Mrs

Hello all! So I am really struggling today, I feel like my creative juices have left me! I've been creating all week (stuff I am unable to share), but when it came to creating today's card nothing seemed to be right. This happens to me often, I go through phases of creativity and phases of no creativity. Do you guys have this problem too? Or am I the only one?! The original plan was to incorporate yellow (for Dawn's color challenge), but I just couldn't get it to work. Not that it really mattered, I've already missed the dead line anyways (bummer!).


The card base is rustic cream stamped with a flourish, from Turning A New Leaf, in aqua. The brown strip was stamped with an image from Background Basics: Diamonds.
The sentiment is from Big & Bold Wishes, stamped in brown and aqua. Then embellished the card with touches of glitter.

So what do you think of the card? Is it too simple? Anyways, so glad you all took the time to visit today, hope you have a wonderful day!

Maile


Mr & Mrs: (All PTI unless noted)
  • Stamps: Turning A New Leaf, Background Basics: Diamonds & Big & Bold Wishes
  • Ink: Dark Chocolate & Aqua
  • Cardstock: Rustic Cream
  • Accessories: Martha Stewart Fine Crystal Glitter

11 comments:

  1. Oh, you are NOT alone! I did the same thing for Miss McVey's color challenge...except mine never came together. The poor thing is still sitting on my crafting table, all of the poor pieces, disassembled, looking quite pitiful. :( That's when I moved on to the train cards. And those just flew out! Most of the time, it's not you, it's the medium...just switch it out and don't try to force it.

    Although I must say, you pulled yours together quite nicely! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa... This is gorgeous! I really *love* the pop of aqua, and the diamond stamping in chocolate is so dramatic!

    Creativity definitely has ebbs and flows, but I see no sign of yours being in a slump, my dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful card, Maile, love the colours. I tend to really struggle with the creativity flow after a break, like I had over Christmas. I have so many new stamps and punches and paper sitting on my desk at the moment, and I just can't get any ideas what to do with it all. Hoping it will come back soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think it's too simple, the glitter add just the right touch! I know what you mean about sometimes struggling, and than when you have no time to create all you can think of are good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's really pretty! My creativity comes and goes (often lol!) Pretty normal I'd say :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wait, this is not fair... you made this when your creative juices are not flowing??!! it's soooooo much better than whatever I can create when my creative juices ARE flowing!! this is beautiful. very elegant as always! love the brown background piece! beautiful!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the card is perfect. I wouldn't add a thing. I tried Dawn's color challenge also and couldn't get anything to work with those colors. I am currently in a creative slump too. I think I will try to go back to one of my favorite stamps or layouts to try to get things going again. Your card really doesn't look like you are in a slump!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just lovely Maile! Love the glittered, Aqua Mist leaves, perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! I love it and I think butterflies would have been lovely. Pretty yellow butterflies :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maile, I feel the same way. Lately, my creativity has been taking days off! :( sooo many...!!! I missed Dawn's challenge too because of that! Your cards are always beautiful, this is not the exception!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS