First up is this cheery card, the only stamp set used is Get The Point Sentiments (created by Beth Silaiki). I also incorporate some of the brand new Color Couture Collection (created by Dawn McVey) as well. I used a flower, leaves and a polka dot strip which are included in Volume 5. Dawn has come up with amazing color combos for the newest volumes (4-6) and an amazing selection of accents that all work together perfectly.
Selected a few word to describe any special recipient and stamped them in Raspberry Fizz, Orange Zest, Terracotta Tile & Ripe Avocado. To help emphasize "You" I tucked it between an Orange Zest button and the flower.
Next up is another amazing creation of Dawn's, the new Aloha stamp set. Such a unique and fun set this is! I was going for a little beach scene for my card, created the look of sand by using Dotti Biscotti pattern paper to cut curved edges, distressed and then layered.
Tucked a girly surf board, colored using Copics, into the sand and embellish with a Hibiscus Burst button. The sentiment is a combination of two of the sentiments in the set ("Surfer Dude" & "Hula Girl"). Just carefully inked up the word I wanted and then stamped. I had my sister and adorable niece in mind when creating this card, you will always find them at the beach and glowing with a gorgeous tan.
Next up is the next set in the Year Of Flowers series: Lily Of The Valley (created by Nichole Heady). Each month this series seams to be getting better and better. This set is a stunner!
For my lilies I pulled out the Copic markers again. For more of a realistic look, I touched up each flower with a little green at the stems and a little yellow in the center. Used a Copic blender pen to help blend and soften the colors added. Then hand cut the flowers out and attach them with dimensional adhesive. The leaves were paper pieced using Spring Moss cardstock. Pulled out some more of that Dotti Biscotti pattern paper and used Fillable Frames #4 and Inside & Out: Thank You to create the sentiment. I love the way this card turned out, it was definitely worth the effort!
My final card for today was created using the new Up, Up & Away set (also created by Nichole), the matching Clouds 1 & 2 Dies and the Linen & Canvas Impression Plate.
Started with a Rustic Cream cardstock piece, then textured it with the Impression Plate and then die cut a few clouds. To get the look of three different clouds I ran the cardstock through my die cutting machine with both the large and small cloud dies first. Then ran it through again with the small cloud die, just flipped the die and hung it over the edge for a slightly different look. Attach the Hawaiian Shores, Simply Chartreuse and Terracotta Tile balloons, stamped the sentiment and finished it off with some twine.
Hope you all have been enjoying this months release, I know I have. Hard not to when it's full of amazing goodies!
For a good dose of major inspiration, be sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team has created!
- Betsy Veldman
- Dawn McVey
- Debbie Olson
- Heather Nichols
- Lisa Johnson
- Melissa Phillips
- Michelle Wooderson
- Niki Estes
- Kim Hughes
- Erin Lincoln
Thanks for stopping by!
- Stamps: Get To The Point Sentiments
- Ink: Orange Zest, Ripe Avocado, Raspberry Fizz & Terracotta Tile
- Cardstock: White
- Accessories: Accents from Color couture: Volume 5 & Orange Zest Vintage Button
- Stamps: Aloha
- Ink: Palette Noir & Hibiscus Burst
- Cardstock: Kraft & Vintage Cream
- Pattern Paper: Dotty Biscotti
- Accessories: Hibiscus Burst Vintage Button, Edge Distressing Tool & Copics (Begonia Pink RV14, Tender Pink RV13, Cashmere Y32 & Mignoette YG11)
- Stamps: Year Of Flowers: Lily Of The Valley, Fillable Frames #4 and Inside & Out: Thank You
- Ink: Palette Noir & Versamark
- Cardstock: Kraft, White & Spring Moss
- Pattern Paper: Dotti Biscotti
- Accessories: 1/4" White Silk Ribbon & Copics (Grayish Yellow YG93, Putty YG91, Buttercup Yellow Y21 & Colorless Blender 0)
Thanks For The Lift:
- Stamps: Up, Up & Away
- Ink: Hawaiian Shores, Simply Chartreuse, Terracotta Tile & Dark Chocolate
- Cardstock: Kraft, Rustic Cream
- Accessories: Rustic Button Twine, Linen & Canvas Impression Plate, Clouds 1&2 Dies & Up, Up & Away Die