Monday, May 3, 2010

Baby Boy

Last week I shared a baby girl card and today I bring you a baby boy card, using the newest Wplus9 stamps...The little toy train and sentiment are from Kisses & Cuddles. Stamped the train off to the side in Enchanted Evening. Used "Boy" & "Baby" to stamp (in Enchanted Evening) along a Spring Rain cardstock strip to create the sentiment strip. Scalloped the bottom edge of the white cardstock using the Small Scalloped Border Die.
To finished the card off I embellished the card with a few buttons. The large button I strung with 1/4" white silk ribbon that I had stamped with a background image from Design Basics: Backgrounds 1 (in Enchanted Evening). It was super easy to do: just tape the ends of the ribbon down to hold it in place and stamp with desired image, then give it a moment to dry completely.

Thanks for stopping by, hope you all have a wonderful day!

Maile


Baby Boy:

20 comments:

  1. So cute Maile! I love baby cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! Spot on as always Maile! Such a great idea to use the background stamp for the ribbon - you ROCK girly!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried to stamp on ribbon in the past, with horrible results. LMAO So I am in awe of this little wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your creations are amazing. They always have this fresh and modern feel! I really love your work and following your blog! This card is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, the ribbon is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a sweet card, Maile!! I always find myself struggling with baby cards. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply adorable! LOVE that big yellow button with ribbon threaded in it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. simply cute! love the stamped silk ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am with Dawn! I have tried it and it looked like a big blurred mess but this is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love this card!!! its sooo sweet!

    www.naomis-space.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this. love that you didn't color in the image, your buttons are darling, and love the kraft cardbase.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful card - so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this Maile! That big button with the ribbon is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Maile - I love this card - it's outstanding!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS