Thursday, May 13, 2010

Take Three: Summer

Yeah, this is the last day of the Papertrey Ink countdown! Just think, you will be able to see all the new goodies (in full reveal) tomorrow. I am so excited about being given the opportunity to be a apart of this months countdown and showcase Take Three: Summer with you today. This is the next set in the fun Take Three series (created by Alli Miles), which features fun and funky birds and flowers. This set is available for purchase tomorrow May 15th.

Now, how about some cards using this fabulous set... First up is a combination of both the adorable birds and funky yet super fun flowers. Using Fresh Snow ink, I stamped the images onto Pure Poppy, Hawaiian Shores & Spring Moss cardstock. Embossed them with white embossing powder, cut them out and attached them to the card base. The white embossing really lets the bright and cheery colors pop off of the simple Kraft cardstock base, wouldn't you say?!
Finished it off with the addition of a couple buttons, a ribbon tab and a sentiment.
Next up is a bit of a fancier take. By stamping one of the flower images in Palette Noir and adding color to the otherwise open flower, I was able to create a gorgeous image perfectly made to stand on it's own. I wanted the focus of the card to be the flower. So, I enhanced it with a few black rhinestones, a piece of the new Beautiful Blooms II pattern paper and a bow made from the new Simply Chartreuse ribbon (I am so in love with this new color, I am a sucker for gorgeous greens).
Finished the card off with a few more touches of black by stamping a label (from Vintage Labels) and a sentiment (from Take Three: Summer) in True Black.
Last and definitely not lease is this little pink number. Using a single flower image, stamped in Versamark onto Hibiscus Burst, I was able to repeat the image to create this gorgeous pattern paper. I am so happy with the way it turned out!
For the focal image I simply stamped the image again in Hibisucs Burst ink, a sentiment in True Black and cut it out. The black tabs are from the new Mat Stack #2 Die, just cut the ends off and adhered them behind the flower. Then wrapped the card with a bow made from 1/8" white silk ribbon.

As you can probably tell, I've truly had a whole lot of fun with this new set. I was really trying to create and inspire you with unique and different ways to use this set, I hope that's what I have accomplished today!
Be sure to stop by and see what Nichole Heady, Lisa Johnson, Heather Nichols, Melissa Bickford, Alli Miles and Beth Silaika have in store for you too!
Thanks For Stopping by and hope you enjoyed.

Maile


On Your Birthday:

Wonderful Friend:

Celebrate You:

25 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards, Maile, love the colours, so bright and cheerful. Can't wait for the release tomorrow! Have a great weekend:)
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow times 3!!! I love them all! Simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work Maile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your white embossed take three card! Great ideas using those stamps! You're so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the designs, such fun colors! Thanks! Pamela~

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are amazing! I like them all, but the third is my favorite, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I just adore that "little pink number" - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely cards!! i especially adore the first one! beautiful colors and fabulous design!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! Three gorgeous cards, Maile! Love how you showcase these different styles using the same stampset!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've done a fabulous job using Alli's new stamps!! All of your cards are GREAT :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards Maile, love each and everyone of them, but my fav is the first one, just love it, love the simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love them... man, u are crazy talented! Love them... this set is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are beautiful with this one set. Thanks to sharing all we can do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. AWESOME! Love the white embossing on the first card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! I love all three. I look forward to checking you blog each day.....love your style! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your cards! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your last card is my absolute favorite! Oh my goodness.....love what you did and makes me want the set even more. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You did a great job inspiring me. Can't wait to get this set. My fave is the first one on Kraft. You are so talented. Have a great weekend.
    Angie in Utah

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! What great cards! My favorite is the colored flower tile on patterned paper. Although the hot pink number comes in a close second!Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are so awesome! I love your color combos!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bee-u-tiful! I especially love the flower on the Wonderful Friend card.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, these projects are *gorgeous*! You're really making me want this set, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE the colors on these, and the LO on that first card is a real WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Maile, these are all fabulous! The first one is my favourite. I love the colours and am always crazy about things embossed in white. Good work!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS