Monday, May 17, 2010

Color Cue {4} Challenge & A Handmade Necklace Note

Hello all! Hope you had a great weekend! (Please make sure to scroll down to the bottom of today post for a note regarding my handmade fabric flower necklace.)

It's time for another Wplus9 Color Cue Challenge. The colors I used were Papertrey Ink's White, Lemon Tart, Enchanted Evening and Spring Rain. Here is what I came up with... I used the newest Wplus9 stamp sets: Kisses & Cuddles and Design Basics: Background 1. The pattern strip was stamped using the stars background image, stamped it in Enchanted Evening, and then stamped a few polka dots of Lemon Tart (using a circle stamp from PTI Beautiful Blooms II). Wrapped it with some Lemon Tart twill ribbon and then attached it to the white card base.
Stamped the teddy bear from Kisses & Cuddles in Enchanted Evening ink onto Spring Rain Cardstock. Stamped the bow in Lemon Tart and colored the bears feet, ears & buttons using a Copic marker. Then attached the teddy over the sentiment label, which was created using a sentiment from Kisses & Cuddles and the frame from Fillable Frames #4.

For more inspiration using these challenge colors be sure to check out what the rest of the Wplus9 Design Team has created:
Hope you will join us in this fun challenge! You can find all the details for this challenge over at Dawn's blog.


Note: After my PTI Handmade & Homemade Just For You post many of you had asked me to do a tutorial and possibly sell my creation. I will be working on a tutorial on how to make the fabric flowers and possibly another tutorial on how to create the necklace. So that, if you choose to do so, you can recreate your very own. However, as of now I am unsure whether I will be selling the actual gift set I originally made or recreating any to sell. Since jewelry is only a secondary hobby of mine, which I rarely do these days, I am afraid that I may not have the time to do so. Although, my mom who is the true jewelry artist and who taught me my skills, is willing to help me if I do venture to do so. Thanks for all of your support and I hope you all can understand. :)

Thanks for dropping by today!

Maile


A Star Is Born:

5 comments:

  1. A tutorial would be great, though my version wouldn't be as good as yours, I'd like to have a crack at it. Anyway, you need to concentrate on your gorgeous card designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I've never heard of these stamps before though I have seen the name wplus9 around. I just came from the blog and then the website - what cute stamps!! Great card here, also! Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, lovely girl! This card is simply smashing, as always! Your use of Dawn's stamps for this is FABULOUS!!! These were some super fun colors to play with! Thanks, as always, for the generosity of which you share your creative inspiration! Can't wait to check out your tutorial... Yee Haw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. super sweet baby card! that bear is so handsome!! =) can't wait for the tutorial! your flowers are to die for! they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS