Friday, May 7, 2010

Embellish Color Challenges With Dimension

Hello all! Hope your ready for another Embellish Color Challenge because this weeks challenge colors are a must!Please excuse me for my absence and for only just now posting my challenge card. The last couple days have been very crazy and exhausting. My hubby had to have an emergency appendectomy yesterday, he is now home and he and I are getting the rest we've needed.

Anyways, back to the challenge. To participate use the colors pictured above (aren't those colors gorgeous?!) and add a pop of dimension. This weeks sponsor is the fabulous Renaissance by Design. They have a amazing line of stamps that you really need to check out! Like these gorgeous coffee cups from the Coffee & Tea set...I can hardly believe it but, yes that is pattern paper! I always find pattern paper a little challenging, but I am trying to be much better about using the stuff.
The solid coffee cups were stamped in Aqua Mist, Spring Moss & Terracotta Tile. Over that I embossed the flower pattern in white. A great tip when embossing an image over another stamped image is to make sure the bottom layer is completely dry before sprinkling the embossing powder. That way the embossing powder only sticks to what you want it to. To quicken the drying process of the first layer, I found that hitting it with the heat embossing tool does the trick perfectly.

So, I hope you too will play along with us and create a project for the challenge. Can't wait to see what you come up with! You can check out the Embellish Challenge details and prize package here.

Thanks for visiting me today! Hope you all have a great weekend!

Maile


Coffee Is Best Sweetened By Good Company:

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the floral patterns on the coffee cups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Maile!

    Big hugs to you and a quick recovery for hubs. Now you get some rest yourself girlie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a WONDERFUL card Maile, absolutely LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty and fresh card! love it!! hope your hubby gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazing, this is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty - love the embossing on the coffee mugs and the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your card is amazing and yes... great stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maile! I am so sorry to hear about your husband. I hope he is doing much better! Poor guy! I, of course, love your card! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so cute, Maile! I'm a big fan of the white embossed cups :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You make the color combo look EASY! So gorgeous!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card! Love how you embossed the cups! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is an adorable card! I love the embossed cups!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely gorgeous, Maile! I've been eyeing that set for a while now. I love your embossing and layout. Hope your husband feels much better and has a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is brilliant! Love how you embossed with the white over the cups, and love the crisp clean look xx

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS