Monday, May 24, 2010

Christmas in May

Yes I know, Christmas is a long ways away. But, since waking up to a couple inches of snow just this last Sunday. I thought it would be fitting to share this Holiday creation with you... This card was created for one of the last Paper Crafts Magazine calls, but never got picked up. So why not share, it's always a good idea to get a head start on the season. My inspiration for this card actually came from a pair of my favorite Christmas socks. They were made of the exact argyle pattern I created here on the card (using A Little Argyle by Lisa Johnson). The layout was easy, it's the same layout as the one used for the card on this post.
Created the pattern by stamping the solid argyle pattern block in Pure Poppy, used the single diamond to randomly stamp the Sweet Blush, Spring Rain & Spring Moss and then topped it off with the black linear argyle pattern block. Stamped the tree and sentiment from Winter Swirls onto a punched circle and embellish with a few True Black buttons.

Hope you enjoyed a little Christmas cheer today! Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful Tuesday!

Maile


Happy Holidays:

9 comments:

  1. Maile, I love the colors you used in the Argyle! Very non-trad! Such a cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute...I need to get started on my Christmas cards! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maile--love the argyle! And it's never too early to start Christmas cards---I hope to have all of mine finished by the end of summer---we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! amazing stamping on the argyle background, Maile!! very cute Christmas card! i love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow.. I thought that was patterned paper... wow... beautiful card Maile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I love it, can't believe you did that Argyle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sweet and I cannot believe there's snow in the USA!!! WOW!! great pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet Christmas in May card! ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS