Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Ribbon Color Inspiration

Hello, everyone! I've got a Papertrey Ink Up, Up And Away creation to share with you today... This time around I chose to color the hot air balloons using Copics. So, after cutting them out (using the matching Up, Up And Away balloon die), I stamped them in Pallette Noir and colored them in with a fun color combo of Raspberry fizz, Plum Pudding & Spring Moss or Simply Chartreuse. I love how this color combo came to me, simply opened my box of Papertrey goodies and right on top was a row of ribbons. Next to each other was the Raspberry Fizz, Plum Pudding & Simply Chartreuse swiss dot satin ribbons. They looked so great together I just had to turn it into a color combo for a card.
Next, I die cut a few felt clouds and mounted them onto the kraft cardbase (using Scor-Tape). Stamped a Dotty Biscotti patterned paper strip with a sentiment and attached it over the clouds. Then adhered the hot air balloons. This card measures 5" square.

Thanks for visiting today, hope you have a good one!

Maile


Thinking Of You:

17 comments:

  1. totally gorgeous! love it....i cannot wait to receive my next PTI order, i have ordered these new dies too : )
    love emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is FABULOUS Maile! Funny where we find our inspiration isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great. I love the color combo and making the clouds out of felt, so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color combo! I also love your clouds! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable Maile! The balloons are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are creating magic with this set! Totally love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your fun card, Maile! those felt clouds are so cute!! love your card! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so totally in love with this card that I think I'll copy it the very second my new stamps and dies arrive!! Love the colour combo and love the "up in the air" feel this card has. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love this, Maile! Fantastic card and color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just so sweet, Maile! Those felt clouds are adorable and the color are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic use of this set Maile! So out of your "norm" yet so "you".

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty, that is one of my fave color combos...well I have used Ras Fizz, Plum Pudding and Ripe Avocado or Spring Moss. Can't wait to get the new green and those balloons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fabby colour combo! I love your clouds, they're adorable!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a question about the balloon die cuts. I don't actually use die cuts. I own a Cricut, but no other die cutting machine for buying die cut templates. If I stamped the balloon image could I simply cut them out? I know they wouldn't look quite as good, but without the template is there any other way?!?

    Thanks!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had to tell you that your beautiful parachute cards inspired me to make my own. If you want to take a look it's here.
    I absolutely love these cards of yours and thanks again for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS