Friday, May 14, 2010

Papertrey Ink - April 2010 Release Projects

Happy Friday to you all! Another Papertrey Ink countdown had come to an end, so that mean I get to share a few new creations with you. Yeah!...
First up is this cheery card, the only stamp set used is Get The Point Sentiments (created by Beth Silaiki). I also incorporate some of the brand new Color Couture Collection (created by Dawn McVey) as well. I used a flower, leaves and a polka dot strip which are included in Volume 5. Dawn has come up with amazing color combos for the newest volumes (4-6) and an amazing selection of accents that all work together perfectly.
Selected a few word to describe any special recipient and stamped them in Raspberry Fizz, Orange Zest, Terracotta Tile & Ripe Avocado. To help emphasize "You" I tucked it between an Orange Zest button and the flower.
Next up is another amazing creation of Dawn's, the new Aloha stamp set. Such a unique and fun set this is! I was going for a little beach scene for my card, created the look of sand by using Dotti Biscotti pattern paper to cut curved edges, distressed and then layered.
Tucked a girly surf board, colored using Copics, into the sand and embellish with a Hibiscus Burst button. The sentiment is a combination of two of the sentiments in the set ("Surfer Dude" & "Hula Girl"). Just carefully inked up the word I wanted and then stamped. I had my sister and adorable niece in mind when creating this card, you will always find them at the beach and glowing with a gorgeous tan.
Next up is the next set in the Year Of Flowers series: Lily Of The Valley (created by Nichole Heady). Each month this series seams to be getting better and better. This set is a stunner!
For my lilies I pulled out the Copic markers again. For more of a realistic look, I touched up each flower with a little green at the stems and a little yellow in the center. Used a Copic blender pen to help blend and soften the colors added. Then hand cut the flowers out and attach them with dimensional adhesive. The leaves were paper pieced using Spring Moss cardstock. Pulled out some more of that Dotti Biscotti pattern paper and used Fillable Frames #4 and Inside & Out: Thank You to create the sentiment. I love the way this card turned out, it was definitely worth the effort!
My final card for today was created using the new Up, Up & Away set (also created by Nichole), the matching Clouds 1 & 2 Dies and the Linen & Canvas Impression Plate.
Started with a Rustic Cream cardstock piece, then textured it with the Impression Plate and then die cut a few clouds. To get the look of three different clouds I ran the cardstock through my die cutting machine with both the large and small cloud dies first. Then ran it through again with the small cloud die, just flipped the die and hung it over the edge for a slightly different look. Attach the Hawaiian Shores, Simply Chartreuse and Terracotta Tile balloons, stamped the sentiment and finished it off with some twine.

Hope you all have been enjoying this months release, I know I have. Hard not to when it's full of amazing goodies!

For a good dose of major inspiration, be sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team has created!
Thanks for stopping by!
Maile
Genuine You:

Surfer Girl:

Thank You:

Thanks For The Lift:

23 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Maile - as usual!! I love the idea of adding some green to the base of the Lily of the Valley flowers, very clever! Really love the simplicity of the first card too. All gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all but especially what you did with the lily of the valley! Thanks! Pamela~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...these are all fantastic! I really like the Lily of the Valley card. It is so beautiful and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *THUNK* That's just me falling off my chair! These cards are phenomenal!!! OMG! I am totally in love with each and every one!! Have I said AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. I love the idea with the punched clouds. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards! I too really love how you've coloured the lilies - such dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabby cards, Maile! You truly are the queen of using die-cut apertures on your card - I love those clouds! One day, my dies will stay in place so I can try the same technique LOL!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I just love how you made and colored the Lily of the Valley thank you card! And the clouds look awesome that way. So you! So inspiring. So now I must have the could die!!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My fav is how you used Get to the Point in a new way!! The recipient will really love this card!! Bright and cheerful too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colors on the first card - so bright and bold. You blew me away tho with the cloud die cuts - such a clever idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous cards Maile! Love the great new images! The cloud cut-outs are great! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful project Maile!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They're all stinkin' gorgeous, but I'm lovin' the way you used the negative cut-away for the balloons in the clouds! Great stuff ... and thanx for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh, I love each & every card! I make notes for myself of cards that inspire me, and it's usually one here & one there. I look forward to using all of these in future projects! And, now I have to get some dotti biscotti paper =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMGosh this is all so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my all of these are really great! I really like your Thank you with the Lily of the valley. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your creations are all just FABULOUS! I love what you did with ALL the sets! I am a PTI junkie, I am just in LOVE with all their STUFF! :D It's so fun to look forward to the 15th every month! And I'm really enjoying you being on the design team! Thank you for being so talented! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh, wow! fabulous creations, BUT I'm totally head over heals in love with that hot air balloon card-great use of the clouds die!!! I will be casin' that one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just love what you did with the clouds die!!! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG!!! These are stunning, Maile!! I especially love the hot air balloons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW. Your cards are little works of art...sooooo GORGEOUS! <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. i just adore your fabulous clean designs! the cloud card is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful cards - they are amazing... I bought the Up, Up & Away set because of your card and I've made some of my own. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS