Friday, September 25, 2009

Thining Of You

Hello my friends! Sorry to have left you hanging yesterday. I had an extremely busy day and before I knew it, it was over.

So onto the card...I stamped my favorite tiny polka dots from Polka Dot Basic II and a vine from Beyond Basic Borders, in Ocean Tides ink, onto my 5" X 5" kraft card base. Straight stitched twine across an Upper Crest border and a torn edge. Here are a few tips I found helpful when stitching with hemp twine... It helps to use the thinnest twine you have or can find (like jewelry twine). Pierce your holes but make them a little larger so the twine will fit through (it help to rotate the piercing tool when inserted into the hole). Then thread the twine by hand, it's usually stiff enough to do so, but make sure to keep the end clean (cut off the end if it becomes frayed). So if you give this a try I hope you find this info helpful.
Next I layered on the flower, which was created using my Blossom Nestabilites, then rounded the corners.

I'm sure you all are ready for the weekend, got any big plans? We have two more birthday parties to go to, this has been a very busy birthday month for us but its been fun. My hubby is home today so I better get going and spend some quality time with him and our little man. Hope you have a fun weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

Maile

Thinking Of You: (All PTI unless noted)
  • Stamps: Polka Dot Basics II & Beyond Basic Borders
  • Ink: Ocean Tides & Dark Chocolate
  • Cardstock: Kraft, White, Aqua Mist & Bazzill Red
  • Pattern Paper: Red w/White Polka Dots from Doodle Bug
  • Accessories: Blossom Nestabilities, White Vintage Button, Hemp Twine from JoAnn's, Fiskers Upper Crest Border Punch & Corner Rounder

13 comments:

  1. Wow, I just love this card. The stching with hemp pulls it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blossom :) It made me smile....polka dots are so fun, I always love how you use them :) I'm going to my 25th school reunion this weekend...have fun at the parties :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so lovely for so many reasons. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful Maile! I just love those Blossom dies! And your stitching is so so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. really cute and i'm lovin that flower that just pops out and makes the card so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous girl!! The flower, the really pretty punched edge, and the sewn twine.. soo lovely!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful, and the colors are fun together!

    No major plans this weekend, aside from going to a baby shower tomorrow. Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh boy...flower nesties...can you believe I don't own any nesties? I'm lovin' your bloom though...the pop of color on the kraft is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! This is gorgeous!! You are so talented, Maile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it friend! simple, clean, and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful Maile! I love that flower!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS