Wednesday, September 30, 2009

For A Special Friend

Happy hump day to you my friends! Today I am taking a very special friend out to lunch for her birthday and this is the card I made for her... I stamped four square panels with a flower and leaf image from In Bloom, detailed the flower centers with french knots. Punched the bottom edge of the purple panel with the Fiskers Upper Crest Border Punch, stamped the sentiment and wrapped it with white floss. Stamped white tiny polka dots, from Polka Dot Basics II, on the card base.
I hope she likes it, I know she likes purple and my cards with the square panels are her favorite. Something I like to do when giving cards out is to write out the message on a piece of white computer paper then lightly tack it into place on the inside. That way the message can be easily removed and the receiver can reuse the card.

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday! Thanks so very much for visiting me to day!

Maile

Friend: (All PTI unless noted)
  • Stamps: In Bloom, Polka Dot Basics II & Beautiful Blooms (Sentiment)
  • Ink: Ripe Avocado, SU Perfectly Plum & SU Craft White
  • Cardstock: Kraft, White & SU Perfectly Plum
  • Accessories: DMC Floss, Upper Crest Border Punch

19 comments:

  1. oh-so-gorgeoue maile!!! She's going to definitely LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you outdo yourself again and again, it always makes me so happy to see that there's something new from you in the reader :) You're really extraordinarily talented! Best wishes from Germany - Nina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - your embroidery thread work is so clever and creative - I think you may have inspired lots more avid fans of your blog - love your work :D

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the french knots you've been doing! Any chance you'll do a tutorial on how to make them? I've looked at tutorials on the web but they are all for stitching on fabric, and it would be great to hear any special tips/techniques for stitching them on paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous card. Your friend is going to love it!! I also like the idea of a tutorial on french knots....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome tip and a beautiful card! I am sure she will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh boy! i love this card!! and yes, i'd love to watch you make those beautiful knots!:) great combination of "flavors" today!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Maile! I'm sure your friend will love it! What a super idea for reusing the card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AMAZING card! I love it! Such a clean and elegant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gift! To give a card that the receiver can use to make someone else smile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the polka dots on the bottom and the purple. The off set images look fantastic :) Just beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure your friend would love your beautiful card. I love how you paired Kraft with purple.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I ADORE grids like this and your colors and stamp choices are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty! I love the colors! I also tell my card recievers to reuse the cards I give them, but I never thought about using computer paper in the inside! :) Thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great card too!! And I bet your friend loved it too, huh!? I really like the four square pop-up idea, I might have to try that! I love how you're doing the embroidery floss with the floss through the holes and then tying the bow, it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this one...might just have to case it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful colors and layout, Maile!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS