Friday, September 11, 2009

Polka Dot Happy!

Happy Friday friend!!! The weekend is just about here!

So onto today's card... I don't think I've ever played with this color combo before (Ocean Tides, Raspberry Fizz, Dark Chocolate & Vintage Cream), but I really like it! Playing with a new card size too, this card measures 5" X 5". I was inspired by the new envelope sizes Papertrey Ink is now carrying. I don't have any yet, but plan on ordering some with my next order (when ever that is... he,he).
I was a little polka dot happy on this card, but I think it makes for a fun card. The polka dots on the ocean tides cardstock are stamped in versamark and in dark chocolate on the cream. Added a bright raspberry scalloped border with my Embossed Curves Border Punch and wrapped the card with cream ribbon. Emphasised the sentiment and stitch the buttons, onto the brown balloon baskets, with some cream twine. Rounded the corners of the image panel and card base and called it done.

I'm ready for the weekend, how about you? We are headed to the beach, for a quick day trip, to play and meet up with family. Then we have a fun Princes, Pony and Super Hero (that's a mouth full) birthday party to go to. My little man will get to dress up as Spiderman and ride a pony, it doesn't get any better than that! Fun, fun!

Hope you have a wonderful Friday and a fun weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

Maile



I'ts Been Too Long: (All PTI unless noted)

  • Stamps: Everyday Button Bits & Polka Dot Basics II
  • Ink: Dark Choc, Ocean Tides & Versamark
  • Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Ocean Tides, Raspberry Fizz
  • Accessories: Vintage Buttons, Twine, SU Cream Ribbon, EK Success Embossed Curves Border Punch, Corner Rounder

19 comments:

  1. Love it! The polka dots are perfect and love how you created a Box rather than an X for the large button with floss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute layout. Great colors. I love the buttons and ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT card! Love love love these colors together, Maile!

    Your weekend sounds FUN. :) Hope you a great time at the beach, and at the PPS party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so PRETTY!! LOVE the colors,layout and the buttons are adorable! Really like the way you did the left side...CUTE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute cute! I love the polka dots, love the scallop edges too! I really need to play with my PTI stamps, hehe. awesome, a day at the beach! Well no beach close by here in CO, this wkend i gotta study. ya I know, boring hehe.

    Hugs
    Clouds :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey missy, since you love PTI so much you should play our loonie challenge!

    This card is uber cute and the kraft envelopes are to die for!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! Ok, so I am REALLLLLLLY wanting some border punches now!! My corner rounder is getting boring. And I am SO wanting that Everyday Button Bits stamp set! But for now I will have to wait, and just admire all your beautiful creations! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maile this card is adorable!! I love the color combo... I may have to try it!!! I love the everyday button bits set too... it is my most used stamp set right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmmm, big scallop, polka dots, ribbon and buttons...what's not to love? I have my eye on Dawn's new stamp set....her samples this week have my jaw dropping!! Have a fun weekend...I'm stamping all weekend !!!! I've missed it this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty! I love the colors and all the polka dots! Have fun at the party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! This card is sooooooo cute, Maile!! I adore your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. polka dot'alicious! love it...such a sweet card maile!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I love polka dots, and I don't think you can ever have too many! I love this cute card! It reminds me that I don't use Ocean Tides enough...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like this girl! Those colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cute Maile!! I love the colors and the polka dots!! Just another beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. iheart the twine! Your card is FABU!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooo, fab combo, and all the polka dots are cool!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS