Friday, September 4, 2009

Holiday Stamped Poinsettia

Happy Friday my friends!

Yes... this is another Christmas card. I wasn't completely satisfied with my first creation for the Moxie Fab Stretch Your Holiday Style: Stamping Challenge, so here is my second try...For this card I used very traditional colors, but... the stamps used (except for the sentiment) were not your usual Christmas stamps. The leaves and flower are from the PTI Beautiful Bloom set and the polka dot flower center is from PTI Polka Dot Basics II. The leaves were randomly stamped with Versamark. The flower (or my version of a Poinsettia) was stamped twice then cut out and layered with dimensional adhesive. To give the flower some extra dimension, I curled the bottom flower leaves (with a pencil) down and the top layer up. Then added a touch of red glitter.
So what do you think of my Poinsettia? It was my inspiration for the card.
I'm sure you all are ready for the Labor Day weekend, got any big plans? We are looking to get more painting done, this time on the outside of our house. Well, what ever you have planned, I hope you have a great time this weekend.
One last thing (I'm sure you all are aware) but I just wanted to give you a link to an exciting and innovative new venture that Ashley Cannon Newell, her husband McArthur, Sarah Martina Parker and Charlene Austin are jumping into. It's called Embellish Magazine and it's an eco-friedly, challenge-based online publication for you to get involved in and potentially get published in! So stop by and check it out!
Thanks for stopping by today!
Maile
Merry Christmas Poinsettia: (All PTI unless noted)
  • Stamps: Green Thumb & SU Season Of Joy
  • Ink: Versamark & SU Real Red
  • Cardstock: White, Ripe Avocado & Pure Poppy
  • Accessories: DMC Floss, Rangers Glitter Glue, EK Success Embossed Curves Border Punch, Circle Punch & Corner Rounder

16 comments:

  1. Oh WOW this is so pretty. I was downloading my cards when yours popped up! I love this card. I think I will CASE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love, love, love that you used non-traditional stamps to create your poinsetta... Very clever you are! :)

    No huge plans here this weekend... I think we're just trying to rest and relax! Are you painting a totally new color, or just a fresh coat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute! I love the large scallop border and the glitter trim too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the blog love too, Maile! :) I was too busy oohing over your card I forgot to add that part! I'll be in my studio this weekend, creating (hopefully)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous card...lovely Poinsettia...the big scallops are fabbie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Love the glitter, the twine, the stamped leaves and scallops. Poinsettias are my favourite Christmas symbol besides the nativity :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty Maile! Wow, you outdo me by far!! The more I look at my cards I did, the less I like them. I really want to redo mine now! :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great Maile! I love it! What a great idea to use that flower as a poinsettia! Looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea to use the stamp set like this!! Very inspiring!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the flower with all the glitter, very pretty. The colours are lovely together, a very beautiful Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, great job with ALL of the Moxie challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maile, that is beautiful. Love the shiny ribbon that matches the shiny petal edges! All elements are in just the right place.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one is beautiful too! I am super excited about Embellish too! I cannot wait for the first issue!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AHHHHHHHH! This is wonderful!!!!! What a creative use of Beautiful Blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks again for entering the challenge, Maile! It looks like you've had fun!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS