Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Holiday Stamped

Hello my friends!

The last Sketch Your Holiday Style Challenge over at the Moxie Fab Blog is A Stamping Challenge. I used the same stamp set as on yesterday card except I stamped the snowflakes in cream onto kraft cardstock. Punched the top with my apron lace border punch then added a torn edge and some floss. Finished the card off with a rounded corner, stamped sentiment and some pearls added to the center of the snowflakes.
I think I'm going to give this challenge another try, as I was posting the link to the Moxie Fab blog I realized that this card was kind of similar to Maren Benedict's Think Snow Card. So I want to create something different. Funny how that happened, I wasn't even thinking of her card when I created mine.

The new DT for the CAS Challenges has been posted. I didn't make it this time but the ladies that did are very talented ladies and have galleries full of fabulous work! I can't wait to see what they create!

I got a nice surprise yesterday... My hubby brought home a new laptop computer. It's so nice and fast, our other computer is out dated and very slow. So now I can work at a faster pace making more time for the family and at the table instead of in the back room shut off from them.

Well, thanks for stopping by today. Hope you have a fun day!

Maile


Joy: (all PTI unless noted)

  • Stamps: Snowflake Serenade
  • Ink: Ocean Mist & Vintage Cream
  • Cardstock: Vinatge Cream & Ocean Tides
  • Accessories: K&Co Pearls, DMC Floss, Fiskers Apron Lace Punch, Corner Rounder

24 comments:

  1. This is so stunning! You have such a fabulous clean design! I Love it! And I am sorry to see that you didn't make the CAS team because your style is SO perfect for it and all your cards are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful! so clean and crisp...elegant for sure! i love the pearls!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this one even better than the last!! It's gorgeous! I like the cream and the pearls. I can't believe you didn't make it on the DT team!!! Next time! Either way I still get to enjoy your beautiful cards. You'll love the flexibility of the laptop. I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning card maile....I simply can't believe that you didn't make the cas dt....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card, very nice, I like the subtle snow flakes on the kraft card stock, so elegant as always :D

    Hugs
    Clouds :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! LOVE the kraft with the blue and the pearls make it so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful as yesterday's card, Maile! That apron lace border punch was in my cart at J's earlier this week, and I put it back. Now I really wish I hadn't!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! I love the cream snowflakes on Kraft! So happy for you with your new laptop... I keep placing hints to my husband for one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, like hers or not, yours is BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the pearls and snowflakes!! It makes it look so elegant!
    Congrats on the new laptop! I bet that's nice to have! Sometimes I wish I had my own computer so that I could do my scrapping and blogging when my husband needs to be on the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful...I love the way you work with kraft!! Love the pearls...perfect touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally gorgeous! Wow! Love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful! I love everything about it!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another beautiful card Maile. I love the snowflakes stamped in the cream with the pearls, very elegant.:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful girl! I love it. You know sometime my mind does that as well. I don't even have to be thinking about a card and turn out something similar. I think it must be unconscious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oooo, so soft and pretty! gotta love the kraft with the cream ink and the touch of blue! grea work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ha I used the the same set for this challenge! Gorgeous girl!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the subtleness of the snowflakes. It's so serene and gorgeous, love the pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Whoopsie! I didn't mean to spell your name wrong, there, Maile! I just hate it when that happens!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS