Sunday, October 28, 2012

Studio Calico - November Roller Rink Kits Revealed!

I'm back today, to share my cards from the November Studio Calico kit release.  My projects were made using the Sock Hop Card Kit as well as the Poodle Skirt and Leather Jacket add ons.  I was also able to get my hands on the stamp sets from the Bobby Socks and Penny Loafers add ons to incorporate into my projects. After viewing the rest of the design teams projects I sort of wish I had ordered everything for myself.  But non the less, I truly enjoyed all I did get.  So, I've got a lot to share with you today. 
 
Now, let me get started...
This card was constructed using items from the card kit alone.
I love these patterns and colors together.  Can you tell that I've been enjoying the diagonal layouts these days?!  The feather was stamped using the large frame image in the card kit stamp set.
This is my favorite card of the November bunch. I had fun arranging an assortment of die cuts along the edge of this card. 
The best part to me... is how the number two extends past the edge, slightly, drawing the focus of the card right to the sentiment. I hope you enjoy this card as much as I do! Supplies from the Card Kit as well as the Poodle Skirt add on.
This month, the design team found inspiration through the Studio Calico members.  Here's my card inspired by the talented MelBlackburn and her card here.
I took notice of her embellishment and pattern paper placements, made a few tweaks here and there and this is what I came up with. Thanks Mel for such fabulous inspiration! Supplies used are all from the Poodle Skirt add-on. 
 
One note about the card above... to achieve the perfect taupe color on the wood veneer triangles, I used both a brown and a gray Copic marker.
I used this lovely chevron pattern paper as a guide for placement of the sentiment and embellishments. The paper is from the Poodle Skirt add on. 
Circle stamp image is from the Penny Loafers add on. Banner stamp, glitter letters and stars are from the Leather Jacket add on. The "Happy" is from the Card Kit.  By the way... I loved those glitter letters.
This happy card features product mostly from the Leather Jacket add on, giving you a look at its more feminine side. 
The button is from the Card Kit and the butterfly was die cut from the panel using the Papertrey Ink Beautiful Butterflies die collection.
This was me having a little fun with washi tape. I used it to completely cover a cardstock panel and then stamped on top. Such a cool look for this cool card.
Stamped stripes, washi tape and the buttons are from the Card Kit. The heart circle and sentiment are from the Bobby Socks add on. The arrow die cut is from the Leather Jacket add on.

So lately, my hubby and have been enjoying freshly homemade cappuccinos from our new stove top espresso and cappuccino maker (thanks to my mom).  We have yet to figure out how to properly froth our milk, but over this weekend we have enjoyed at least a couple of cups a day.  Yum!  Any of you have some yum tips or recipes to share?!

There you have it! Thanks for stopping by and have a super day!

Maile



Supplies:

7 comments:

  1. Such awesome cards with the new release! Love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love every card you've made you make me want to order this kit amazing work so much inspiration. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all FABULOUS Maile....LOVE them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing, Maile - love all the colours and designs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waw this are all so beautiful. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I love the 2nd last one. Love how you used the butterfly die :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Geez. So much loveliness. Love the washi-ed panel!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS