Saturday, October 13, 2012

Holiday Tags and Snowflake Flurries Day 4

Hello and welcome to the fourth day of the Papertrey Ink October Countdown and the first Design Team group post. Today's post is all about gift tags for the holidays... featuring a few of the new products from this months release. Head on over to her blog for all the details on each item.

I've had some fun and I've got a lot to share with you today. So let me get started...
First up, I've taken a single gift tag design and have recreated it to make a tag trio in no time flat.
The design began with the oval chevron label, from the 2012 Holiday Tags set.  I've actually used only the bottom portion (see the entire label images on the card below) for the tag.  Stamped it in gray, trimmed off the chevron half and attached it to a die cut oval.  Then stamped with a Think Big Favorites #21 sentiment.
Stamped and heat embossed a soft stone cardstock strip with some Snowflake Flurries. Then finished the tags off with a ribbon topper (each one was tied a bit different) and a limeade ice button.
Using the tag as inspiration, I crated a card.
I used the same label image, only this time the entire piece was used.  I stamped it twice, once in gray and again in lime green.  I trimmed the lime one into two strips and attached them over the gray one.  Then finished the card off with a lime button.
A second card for today, featuring another images from the 2012 Holiday Tags set.  This time the joy explosion.
I stamped it four times, in a mint and lime color combo.  Then again, in the very center, using a deeper raspberry ink color.  Finished this simple card off with a "to the world" sentiment strip, to complete the phrase.
Now onto more tags...  First up an adorable mitten tag, which was die cut using the new Shape Up Series: Mitten die.
I used the new Background Basics: Striped Sweater and Striped Sweater impression plate for a bit of fun texture.  Finished the tag off with a "to" and "from" image, also from the 2012 Holiday Tags set. 
How about a round tag? I pulled out the new Framed Out #9 stamp set and die to create a wreath, perfect for this tag shape.
Stamped the circle in lime and the dots (from the 2012 Holiday Tags set) in raspberry.  Then embellished the wreath with a Bells & Boughs blossom and bow.
For these last two tags, I thought I would showcase my newly designed set... Snowflake Flurries.  And I've chosen to stamp these flurries in a very bright and colorful combo to help them stand out on a kraft cardstock base.  Colors of leaf green, aqua, raspberry and purple.
For this tag I've stamped a Think Big Favorites #21 sentiment onto both the tag and white cardstock.  Trimmed a portion of the sentiment from the white cardstock and attached it to the tag, being careful to perfectly line it up.
My last tag of the day uses the same color combo as above.
This time around I stamped one of the smaller snowflake images in the bright colors and the larger outline images in white ink.  Once dry, I finished it off with a Snowflake Flurries sentiment.

Well, there you have it. I hope you've enjoyed! Just remember that all the new items used today will be available for purchase beginning October 15, at Papertrey Ink. Now, be sure to see what the rest of the Papertrey Ink design team has in store for you today...
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Maile



Peace On Earth Tag Trio



Just For You Card



Joy To The World Card



Mitten Tag



Merry & Bright Tag



Greetings of the Seasons & Let It Snow Tags

18 comments:

  1. All your tags are gorgeous, Maile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Let It Snow tag sparkles with the pretty colors! So modern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That explosion is such a neat effect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always amaze me. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are all stunning! I was already planning on putting this set in my cart on the 15th, but I have to admit, I got a little giddy in seeing that there is a chevron oval stamp! Love how you used it, too, Maile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards! Your "just for you" card is stunning! Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your creations are lovely. I could eat up that first color combo with the limeade button! And I have to tell you that your snowflakes are so perfect. Just love that image - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW I'm loving what you did with them all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous projects. They are clever as well as beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...your color combinations are stunning. Your tags are beautiful and I am crazy for this snowflake set. Thank you for such beautiful samples.

    ReplyDelete
  11. REALLY beautiful projects. I'm loving the kraft tags with the bright colors.
    -- Connie C.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved all of your projects! You are very creative. Pat K.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maile, your tags and cards are just beautiful. They would also make gorgeous tree decorations with all the bright colors you chose to combine. The possibilities look endless with your new Snowflake Flurries set. What an awesome release this is, and you gals know how to enable us to want it all. Great job again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just cannot wait to make some purchases now! WOW what isn't there to love?

    ReplyDelete
  15. love those last two tags the most Maile! Stunning, and amazing. Love them!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS