Monday, October 1, 2012

Boards & Beams Revisited

Hey everyone! Thanks for joining me today, for the October Papertrey Ink Senior DT challenge. This time around we are bringing back Boards & Beams as well as Home for the Holidays! Two very fun sets, perfect for creating such heartwarming projects. I've broken out my watercolor supplies again to create a couple heartfelt projects for today's challenge. One geared towards an everyday kind of use, while the other focuses on a Christmas holiday theme.

Take a look...
Using the new Studio Calico Mr. Huey's droppers, I dropped a few Mr Huey's mist colors onto wet watercolor paper to create a neat watercolor effect.
Once the watercolor panel was dry, I stamped the house in black ink, attached it over pattern paper and onto a kraft card base.
Finished the card off with a sentiment strip, kraft colored buttons and a color misted wood veneer heart.
Using another trio of Mr Huey's color mist I inked another watercolor panel.  Once it was dry, I attached a die cut and stamped house and trimmed both into three pieces.  Then mounted them onto a white card stock block.
Die cut, painted and attached windows and a door.  Finished the card off with a touch of glitter, a sentiment and a wood veneer snowflake.

Well, that's it from me today. Now be sure to visit the other Papertrey Ink senior design team girls for more Boards & Beams as well as Home for the Holidays goodness...
Thanks for stopping by today!

Maile


Our New Home


No Place Like Home

6 comments:

  1. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE your idea of the watercolor!!!!!!!!! It's GREAT!!!!!!!!! Your SECOND CARD, I ABSOLUTELY LOOOOOOOOVE!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!! It just POPS!!!!!!!! SUPER JOB!!!!!!!!!!! :)(I like the colors of the second card THE BEST!!!!!!! ) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards -- love the backgrounds and the way you left the house black and white! Also love the popped up windows in the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waw this is great and really great colors. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the watercolor backgrounds. Neat design concept for this stamp set. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this is fantastic! love the look of these. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maile...these are gorgeous! I've been loving to use watercolors on my cards so much lately! It is such a neat effect and I love what you have done here! The 2nd card especially...blue is my favorite color!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS