Thursday, September 10, 2009

Third Time's The Charm

Hello all!

I'm back with a card to share with you today. For this card I had played around with some goodies I had received earlier from Lynette, you can see them here.To creat my focal image I stamped the flower stems then punched them out using my circle punch. Instead of adding buttons I used brads as my little flowers. Stamped some polka dots on the green panel in Versamark, stitch a row of white floss and added one last brad.

I am really happy with the way the sentiment came out, it just took me a few tries to get it right. :) I knew I wanted part of the sentiment to pop with white, so the first thing I tried was stamping the first part in green, then the "love" in craft white ink. That didn't stand out enough, so the next option was to heat emboss with white embossing powder. I tried this on a scrap piece of cardstock first to see if it would work and it turned out fine. But when I tried it on the final piece, it of course didn't turn out. So to cover up the mess I stamped "love" in green, on white cardstock, and punched it out with my small circle punch, popped it on with a dimensional, and it was perfect. I love it when mistakes lead you to the perfect solution, I mean... Why did I not think of that first?! Ha,ha!

I guess this card would also work for the latest CAS challenge, to Pop It Up. I think I'll stop by SCS an post it over there too.

I hope you enjoyed your visit with me today and have a wonderful Thursday!

Maile

All Thing Grow With Love: (All PTI unless noted)

  • Stamps: Everyday Button Bits & Polka Dot Basics II
  • Ink: Ripe Avocado & Versamark
  • Cardstock: Raspberry Fizz, Ripe Avocado, Kraft & White
  • Accessories: DMC Floss, SU Brads, Large & Small Circle Punchs, SU Top Note Dies & Corner Rounder

14 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!! OMG those crystal brads totally rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWESOME! LOL, I can totally relate to things working when you're testing, but then going awry on my finished piece. I think your quick fix is fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card!! I love it and love the use of the gem brads on the flowers, great idea. I gave my first card out today using some of your stamped images but was a bad girl and didn't photograph it... I'll do better next time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this card is fantastic! What a great "mistake"! I love the pop and I love those rhinestone flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet card...love the bling'd flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rhinestones are great!! Good way to use up the largest ones!! I know exactly what you went through...which ink to use on what colour...the love word is perfect as a pop up!! This is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great Maile! Love the brads as flowers and I love the popped up Love!! BTW.. got some long envelopes today so... I might be making me some Maile size cards soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How clever and creative you are Maile - the jewel brads as flower heads and I love the spotlighted word love you have picked out of the sentiment.

    Have a super weekend :D

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  9. you can pop it well, pop-star!! I was gonna ask you how you come up with all these great ideas, but then I found out that you just make brilliant mistakes:) I would love to see how you thread that floss, I can't figure it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooo, this is gorgeous! Love the jewels and the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! I love the colors and I love the solution to the mess up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love it! Yep, that sentiment looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are always coming up with genius ideas. The brad idea is so cool!! LOVE your popped up "Love" sentiment, it turned out so great looking!
    Talk to you soon!!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS